New to Solo!

Reaction score
Hi ,

I am reaching out to get some advice on what to do ...I purchased a used solo and I want to connect my iPhone SE to the controller so I can use the simulator app. I go to my wifi setting and see the previous owners wifi and connect to it and use the password that he gave me for it and it says no internet connection under his wifi id. So my question is do I need to start all over and do a reset so the phone and controller are on my network??? I am reading the manual and watching youtube video's trying to educate myself. Thanks in advance for your expertise!

Mike

Hi ,

I am reaching out to get some advice on what to do ...I purchased a used solo and I want to connect my iPhone SE to the controller so I can use the simulator app. I go to my wifi setting and see the previous owners wifi and connect to it and use the password that he gave me for it and it says no internet connection under his wifi id. So my question is do I need to start all over and do a reset so the phone and controller are on my network??? I am reading the manual and watching youtube video's trying to educate myself. Thanks in advance for your expertise!

Mike

"No Internet Connection" is not a problem and is expected. Your iPhone is connected to the Sololink network which doesn't have Internet access. This network is only for your Controller, Phone/Tablet, and your Solo.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I just had to shut off cellular data and it connected so I am using the flight simulator now.

Reactions: jimloss
No ones going to ask the obvious questions? Mike... did you notice anything "wrong" with the flight simulator?

Come on folks, just seeing who's paying attention to FAA rules..

:p

The flight simulator seemed to work fine. I also connected to the solo and started the motors and got the go pro installed and the gimbal worked perfect and I could see the go pro image on my phone...Thanks for the replys

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Not studying for your part 107 anytime soon then? When you do, you'll see the glaring error with the simulator. Meanwhile glad you've got your solo up and running, have fun and fly safe!

Not studying for your part 107 anytime soon then? When you do, you'll see the glaring error with the simulator. Meanwhile glad you've got your solo up and running, have fun and fly safe!
Not sure what you are talking about I am totally new to flying a drone never done it before...107? I am learning about the solo and the simulator I thought was a good idea before I take the drone out for real. I am not trying to be a professional pilot ...

Reactions: IrishmanPDX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo