New to drones..

Reaction score
I recently purchased a SYMA X5C and have been having a lot of fun with it...

I am thinking of purchasing one of the following:

1. A Solo
2. Phantom 4
3. GoPro Karma (when it comes out)

... I really WANT to like the Solo, I like that it's built to use a GoPro camera, I like that it is 'supposed' to support alot of customization... but I have read that it is not greatly supported by 3dr any longer, and is unlikely to develop into a strong 'customization' platform. : / Also, the Karma obviously offers to Support GoPro as well.

The possibility to customize is what appeals to me most, not necessarily using it as a video platform... but if that community is mostly dead or dying...

I know that I am essentially asking a bias crowd here, but can you help me decide what my decision should be?

p.s. has anyone spoke of developing a 'quickrelease / drop hatch' for the Solo? That would be badass...

Last edited:
Since you threw the Karma into the mix, we'll have to wait. The Solo is much more "open" than the Phantom. Still some great stuff coming out from 3rd party developers.
My guess is that the Karma will be very easy to use but no real huge advancements in drone tech. Time will tell.

Since you threw the Karma into the mix, we'll have to wait. The Solo is much more "open" than the Phantom. Still some great stuff coming out from 3rd party developers.
My guess is that the Karma will be very easy to use but no real huge advancements in drone tech. Time will tell.

Is there a resource you could point to that lists the things 3rd parties are developing for Solo? I haven't been able to find much info on such things, aside from some minor enhancements like landing gear feat..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damien427