new to 3dr solo and having go pro 7 issues

Reaction score
Why cant I get the solex app to see the go pro. without some stupid mod. If it works with a go pro 4 then why not the 7. I can turn off the solex app and run the camera on wifi and fly with the controller.
And to be honest How do you fly with the app cant figure that out either.

1. Production dates - The 3DR Solo was produced in 2014/15. The GoPro 4 Black was the state of the art at that time. Official support for the 3DR Solo ceased before the GoPro Hero 7 was even released [2018]

2. Please, read the user manual. Search for it on this site.

Overall, it seems as though you might seek to make research a bit more of your process.

From a programing point of view not much has changed. besides its the solex software that should tie into the go pro and display video. the 3dr is just a delivery vehicle. I guess if I cant use a camera on the 3dr I guess I have 1 for sale. its completely useless if I cant take pics from the air.

From a physical interface point of view A LOT has changed. The Solo interfaces with the GoPro via it's HeroPort and the Mini-HDMI connector on it's side.

Solex and SidePilot and Mission Planner all access a video stream which is coming from the Solo thru the GCS' ['Controller's'] WiFi AP. So there are at a minimum [depending on how one views it] two intermediating devices between Solex/SidePilot/Solo App and the camera.

You could spend the $68 a GP4HB is going for on eBay at the moment and still get 4k60 video AND have camera control.

OR, you could put in a little bit of work and install a WiFi-capable Arduino and utilize the script written by a member here to use your GP7.

There are options. But they require, ya know, a bit of work.

Again, a bit of research.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc