New Solo Production ?

I heard some insider info that 3DR waaaay over ordered on the first batch and they have more solos than they know what to do with. And even if they run out, they'll start up again.

I've been thinking about this and have a question for the group, is the Gopro what serious cinematographers want to use?

Here's my perspective: I shoot a Nikon D800 for my still work. The D800 is a second tier camera and is targeted at the pro market that can't justify the top tier. Believe me, if I could justify a D5 I'd buy it in a second. As it is I went for a full-frame DSLR with excellent resolution and modes that allowed me to be creative. I think about my Gopro as a toy.

I've replaced the stock lens, shoot it in Pro mode and post-processing the output, use filters to control my shutter, and am always looking for more ways to control my images. If I had budget for it I'd want an octo that could lift what I consider to be a "real" camera.

My question is, do serious cinematographers consider GoPro to be a tool they want to use? I honestly don't know the answer to this.
Solo is a toy with gopro is a dubbel toy ( thank you Peau for pounting that out ).
I think Sony is a better choice. 3Dr have take this step for Sitescan. The only I need is is a good gimbal for Solo and Sony QX10 or coming QX series in 4K cameras.

So I have read on this board that there has only been 1 production run of Solo parts and all Solos are assembled from that stock. If You order from Amazon today they expect delivery with-in 2 months. How big is that stock pile of parts? Maybe a new production run? Or just trying to use up the inventory from over predicting market share?
Yea I've been hearing the same thing...

This info came from INSITU employees and managers, a subsidiaryof Boeing. I was at an ag drone show recite not and they were showing off some of those wares, ranging from a million dollar,24 hours flight time ScanEagle complete with its own truck flight command center, right down to piloting five solos at once with their own flight control program that they wrote. So I asked them what bird theyll use if they run out of solos, and that the answer I got. They have many solos.

This info came from INSITU employees and managers, a subsidiaryof Boeing. I was at an ag drone show recite not and they were showing off some of those wares, ranging from a million dollar,24 hours flight time ScanEagle complete with its own truck flight command center, right down to piloting five solos at once with their own flight control program that they wrote. So I asked them what bird theyll use if they run out of solos, and that the answer I got. They have many solos.
I would love to see a Solo swarm mode added to our birds. Is that possible?

The solo is a VERY NICE platform for so many things. Updates ETC ETC ETC. love it i wish they were still around imagine what they would be capable of by now WOW.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40