New Solo Owners

Didnt even look at that.Thanks for the info.
You do realize that transmitters in Europe are limited to around 1/5th of the power as the U.S. ones!

That would screw you big time in range or else we may all gave been screwed from the beginning which is why the wifi card upgrade makes such a large change. It could be that 3DR only made one model and limited everyone to the reduced European power levels!

I may be wrong, but to my knowledge, 3DR made all controllers the same. I don't believe they made a North American version and a European version. It seems the fascination of flying for distance is growing. The first thing people ask is how far can it go? Now, being human, even I have tested the distance of Solo. I did so at a very wide open area, with little or no wifi traffic. At a little over a mile, I thought to myself, WHY? I will never need to go out that far for anything I would want to do. Besides, with any UAS incident being blown up all over the news and social media, I did not want to take a chance on contributing to that. I do have the FPVLR antenna setup, but I did so for better signal strength closer in, than for distance. I run the stock wifi cards, and am currently happy with them. I upgraded to the mRobotics gps for Solo, just for the added insurance of more satellites available for acquisition. There may be special circumstances where a person may have to fly a long ways out, but I think for the majority of us, LOS is good enough.

Reactions: speatuk
I just got my Solo a few days ago and it looks pretty impressive. I had to see if it would locate some sats and to see what the batteries were sitting at on
charge they looked close to 60% each. I went ahead and ordered a knockoff camera that works with the HDMI connector but won't interface like the
GoPro would with the connections. The camera is not in yet and in the mean time I ordered the gimbal and I have it already. I won't put it on till I get
a few flights on the Solo. The choice for a smartphone or tablet? I made the choice other day and I am trying to get a Nexus 7 gen2 2013 Android, not
much into using a smartphone. The Nexus if I win the bid will be dedicated to the Solo. I have a X380 and have flown it many times using FPV running a
Eachine 600 mw. Tx and a Eachine diversity monitor/receiver. The X380 has been a good quad but I wanted to try something with more features
and flexibility. I am waiting for the weather and equipment to get in so I can fly this machine to see how well it flies. This forum looks real nice and
is easy to get around on. Happy Flying!:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela