New Solo Owner New to Drones

Reaction score
Just got our Solo yesterday and did our first flight. Very happy with our first ever drone flight. My 8 yr old son flew the solo no problem. The only issue so far is keep getting disconnected from solo app on our Samsung 3 tablet. Was going to try my Samsung s5 phone today to see if that is different. This is our first drone we bought so we may film my son racing. Any help or suggestions would be great.. Thanks everyone in advance.

I assume everything is updated to the latest version it's been a while since I saw folks having app disconnect issues. I've had mine since day 1 and haven't disconnected once so other than updating and restarting your tablet and solo I'm not sure if a fix. I have had gps issues and now fly real careful near the ground and only in manual for take off and landing below 20 feet, this has fixed the issues I experienced. I'd say the best thing you can do is learn to fly manual and practice it's easier than you'd think, then if something goes wrong you have it mapped to A or B and can save yourself.

What's your son racing that you'll be filming with solo?
Hope you guys like yours as much as me and my three little ones love mine, not perfect yet but I think soon it will be as close as anything on the market near the price. I also still am confident once we finally get our gimbal there will be plenty new shots and other things rolling out that dji simply won't be able to copy this generation. We'll see soon enough it seems good luck and safe flying.

He races dirt bikes and Atv . I updated everything before flight but have been reading about other wifi interference and we were at his school field so maybe that was it. We are loving it so far and yes I too will be flying lets say close since we have never done this before.

Just got our Solo yesterday and did our first flight. Very happy with our first ever drone flight. My 8 yr old son flew the solo no problem. The only issue so far is keep getting disconnected from solo app on our Samsung 3 tablet. Was going to try my Samsung s5 phone today to see if that is different. This is our first drone we bought so we may film my son racing. Any help or suggestions would be great.. Thanks everyone in advance.

welcome first thing I'd do change out the stock antennas, the lovely people here have pointed me over to the Solo kit by FPVLR. I hope to purchase it sometime in the next few weeks cuz I'm tired of losing controller connection only 200' up. :\

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Upgraded antennas the best money I've spent in a while it's like flying a whole new quad, I liked it before the fpvlr kit and loved it since receiving it. I ordered mine on a Tuesday and had it Thursday Tony seems like a pretty good guy and has the fastest shipping I've seen. DBS kit looks great too it's really just which one you'd rather have on your controller, seems like their results are pretty comparable.

So I whole heartedly agree with 1264 solo here and have only used my stocks for maybe five minutes since upgrading, I then landed and switched back cause there's no comparison. Range, signal strength, control precision, and negating rf interference that kit helped my solo in every way.

Reactions: 1264_Solo
You have to maintain direct line of sight. If you get trees or anything between the Solo and the controller your signal will be degraded. Also make sure the antennas are pointed down and at about a 20 degree angle. You want them to be parallel to the Solo for best reception.
Also, if you are flying in your neighborhood there may be a lot of other Wifi congestion which can interfere with the signal.

Also look into the prop balancing, I had no idea about this and the folks here sure gave some good tips.

Thanks for all the feedback. Going to purchase new antennas after I fix his KTM brakes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M