New Drone Pilot

Reaction score
Hello! Chuck from South Florida. I know nothing about drones, but have always been interested in getting one. While sitting at home today browsing Marketplace, I see another one for sale. I usually Google the model number to check the reviews and pricing. I have done this numerous times, but have never found anything worth purchasing. Today, I saw one that seemed like a great deal and had decent reviews, The ad stated:

3DR Solo Drone
Condition Used - Good
Can’t figure out how to fly with new app. I’m frustrated. Worked great until the app needed update, then app was obsolete. Comes with 4 good batteries. Props and four extra sets of props. 3-axis gimbal installed. Comes with additional brand new 3-axis gimbal. Bag. And remote. All cables are here. Only buy if you know how to fly with new available app. Otherwise you’ll be frustrated. Great value of just for parts.

I took the plunge and went for it. Ironically the seller was 2 blocks away and I picked it up on my bicycle. Before purchasing, (meant to be??) I did read about the software problem as mentioned by the seller. It seemed like there was a solution. Everything looked in excellent condition. Worse case scenario is, I could always get my money back by just selling it for parts. I found this forum after Googling about the software. Hopefully I will be able to figure it out with some help. Before proceeding I will wait to hear what you all have to say. Did I make a mistake purchasing this? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: BryanWhite
Chuck,

I was about to sell mine for parts, but as I read a bunch of articles and watched multiple videos in YouTube I kept it. I had the same issue with the software not working. It was because the actual 3DR company went bankrupt and closed their doors for good. However in the apple store (if you have apple) you can purchase for $15 the app called sidepilot. Now, I was sketchy myself, however there is a YouTube video that helped me through this.

The guys channel is called PreciousGem and the name of the video is “Stock 3DR Solo Open Solo 2 5 RC1 Sidepilot install”

It literally shows you step by step. One thing I learned was… be patient. If you try to do it too fast you will find yourself starting all over and will take longer than you need to. But right now, my drone is up and running and works great!

Hope this helps man

Chuck,

I was about to sell mine for parts, but as I read a bunch of articles and watched multiple videos in YouTube I kept it. I had the same issue with the software not working. It was because the actual 3DR company went bankrupt and closed their doors for good. However in the apple store (if you have apple) you can purchase for $15 the app called sidepilot. Now, I was sketchy myself, however there is a YouTube video that helped me through this.

The guys channel is called PreciousGem and the name of the video is “Stock 3DR Solo Open Solo 2 5 RC1 Sidepilot install”

It literally shows you step by step. One thing I learned was… be patient. If you try to do it too fast you will find yourself starting all over and will take longer than you need to. But right now, my drone is up and running and works great!

Hope this helps man
Thanks. I am in the process of doing so. I am waiting for my SD reader. I have all the files to get it back to factory and have put Solex on my Android. I only paid $75.00 for the whole thing, including two gimbals, 4 batteries and five sets of blades, so if I have to, I can always get my money back. I can't wait to lift it off!

Reactions: Solo Keith
Installed Open Solo 4. Up and running, but I haven't flown it yet. I figure I better do a little more reading and watch some more Youtube videos. The guy I got my Solo from indicated he might
have a spare camera that he would part with. That would be nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela