Need a recommendation for a flight headset....

Reaction score
I've obviously used a few loaners at the airstrip etc, but hey, will need one of my own at this stage. So wondering if anyone has any recommendations? I'll budget it at $300, maybe willing to go higher if it's worth it. Watcha got?

People (who like headsets, not goggles) rave about the HeadPlays. I've used them, and I really enjoyed them. I have also used a few different sets of FatSharks, and I've found I really dislike how goggles display. I'd recommend getting face-on time with both types before you jump into a set.
Home

That being said, I'm cheap as, so I use the Tactic goggles/Display-Receiver and my RunCamHD2 with a Tactic videoTx.
Tactic FPV-G1 Goggles with 4.3
Tactic FPV-T2 5.8GHz 200mW Tx/Antenna/Cables
Thanks but not looking for an FPV headset, actually looking for a flight headset, you know, the ones you plug into the coms port on an airplane to talk to the pilot.
Something like this:
headset

A lot of people swear by David Clarkes. Some people said they clamped your head a bit but I have a unusually large swad and never had any problems with ones I borrowed. My headset envy used to peak around David Clarkes and became quite severe when the introduced the flexible boom on the 13.4s.

I had cheaper (defunct now I think) Black Hawk DX-4s, same old school wire boom style ... in black. Pre-Noise cancelling.

DC also used to do a sheepskin headband cover which I particularly coveted. ..but I did grow up in Wales.

Try some DCs if you can get a loan. Comfort and noise attenuation over cool and style would be my advice....maybe!

I fly from the safety of the ground now....

Will do, although from what I gather those are pretty pricey and my wife will go mad if I get a headset that's better than hers... or I'll end up giving her that headset and using hers... hey, she's the pilot not me, I just fly dem drones!.

Yep, I have a 'Pilot-in-Command' too [emoji38]
Right on! Actually now that I've said that, think it should be a support group or a hashtag "Pilot Husbands Group" or something. We can all meet up when the wives go flying, have a glass of wine, watch talk shows.... :p

Reactions: DJMc
Eachine goggles 2 1080p.. 5.5''screen and hdmi in.. Work's good.

Right on! Actually now that I've said that, think it should be a support group or a hashtag "Pilot Husbands Group" or something. We can all meet up when the wives go flying, have a glass of wine, watch talk shows.... :p

That is this forum... ;)
I’ll bring the taquitos and avocado dip

Reactions: IrishmanPDX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40