My SOLO is lost

Here is how we retrieve the t log files from the Solo craft

Attachments

• Solo guide to retrieve logs(Windows).pdf
    839.8 KB · Views: 14
Here is my tlog file from the crash -attached. You need to rename extension to .tlog from txt. Can someone help me reading this thing in better detail. I'm new to the details of mission planner. I swear I was in level forward flight and Mission planner show me diving this thing down in forward flight. How do I see the throttle position stick to the Solo. I mean I am human and do screw up but cannot image years of flying I would descending down behind a treeline with no visual. At one time I did see I was unintentionally in cable mode, prior to app crash unintentionally and did press "FLY" before going beyond the tree line. How do I see this too.

Sent it into 3DR. Let's see what they come up with.

Burke

Attachments

• solo9.txt
    856.2 KB · Views: 8
Is anyone out there pretty good at mission logger and help me understand if I f'up my solo? I sent my log file in the prior message.

Ok 3DR and I are doing a little dance. They said
"After a good take-off and ascending to the max altitude of 120 km, while descending the rebooted for 5 second and then RTL was triggered.
While returning to home position the RC input and the real vs. desire attitudes shower that the solo followed the desired path commanded."

I replied
"My channel 3 input was neutral for the last several moments of the flight. Then how did this craft go down. I am not following you and can’t except mishandling the Solo until you explain the fact more clearly. So far I interrupt the solo descending without my command.

Please escalate as I’m heading out of town and would like the solution in the pipeline.

At this point I must ask 3DR to replace the solo and controller under their warranty unless you provide me with the proof it was operator error.

Please see the screen shot of the last few monuments it was airborne. Channel #3 is neutral and the solo is going down."

Burke

Attachments

• 8-17-2015 6-06-58 PM.jpg
    8-17-2015 6-06-58 PM.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 17
Is anyone out there pretty good at mission logger and help me understand if I f'up my solo? I sent my log file in the prior message.

Ok 3DR and I are doing a little dance. They said
"After a good take-off and ascending to the max altitude of 120 km, while descending the rebooted for 5 second and then RTL was triggered.
While returning to home position the RC input and the real vs. desire attitudes shower that the solo followed the desired path commanded."

I replied
"My channel 3 input was neutral for the last several moments of the flight. Then how did this craft go down. I am not following you and can’t except mishandling the Solo until you explain the fact more clearly. So far I interrupt the solo descending without my command.

Please escalate as I’m heading out of town and would like the solution in the pipeline.

At this point I must ask 3DR to replace the solo and controller under their warranty unless you provide me with the proof it was operator error.

Please see the screen shot of the last few monuments it was airborne. Channel #3 is neutral and the solo is going down."

Burke
Are those direct quotes from 3DR? The English is garbled and there are odd things like the reference to max altitude being 120 kilometers! It's hard to even understand what they are telling you so it's hard to provide you feedback.

If I got an email like that from 3DR I'd be kinda pissed off. Luckily that's never happened in any communications I've had with them.

Yes a partial but actual cut and paste from the email. I now understand the unit was in RTL mode from the 2nd RC control signal lost. Why didn't the 1st signal lost RTL. Supposedly RTL it will continue to descend and you still have some control as where to land. But guess what? You are allow you to fly away from home at full speed. The issue is, I did hit the fly button but it must have been while it was disconnected. Furthermore I had no idea it was coming down on it's own and if it was, why not give me aircraft control back once a re-established connection was made. Or let full stick movement to fly away from Home. It was nearly above home and it let me fly 1300' away and I thought I was in control. If I was working for the FAA I could make a very strong case as why this is acceptable means of fail safe control in a commercial aircraft. 3DR will need to tweak this. Still love the aircraft and I sure it will only get better.

Burke

FYI, Here's another doc on how to check tlog for RC inputs

Attachments

• HOW TO CHECK A TLOG (RC INPUTS).pdf
    283 KB · Views: 4
Ok today was a great day as I got my Micropro case for the Solo but then I went out flying about 7:30 at a buddies house. The solo was about 25' above the tree line as zoom past it. The solo app crashed around the same time I lost VOS. o fret as I told the others "watch this" as I hit the return to home button. Finally as the app came alive I see a vision of the soy been field. I could only get the controller to contact once briefly and did not get the distance reading. The camera was upright sitting in the bean field. Drove back home to get my P2V+ which wasn't much help as I keep the batteries at 30%. I'm planning on going out in the morning and fly the fields with the P2V+

Now here is the question. Does the controller carry any flight logs? I'm looking for the last GPS cord when it was connected. My app was dead when it went down but I want to make sure I get it back.

Burke
Let me guess android ?

Even though these Solo's are fairly new. I'm very close to swapping the wireless cards in the bird and the controller. I haven't been doing any real world simulations with the type of shots that I will actually be doing, mostly open field and maneuver control practicing. I will use Solo for closer proximity stuff than I use my I1 for and to think the wireless card is relatively weak very troublesome.
Please let me know when you do, i think is deff a good point of yours to do that, i will be right behind you believe meeee

Yes a partial but actual cut and paste from the email. I now understand the unit was in RTL mode from the 2nd RC control signal lost. Why didn't the 1st signal lost RTL. Supposedly RTL it will continue to descend and you still have some control as where to land. But guess what? You are allow you to fly away from home at full speed. The issue is, I did hit the fly button but it must have been while it was disconnected. Furthermore I had no idea it was coming down on it's own and if it was, why not give me aircraft control back once a re-established connection was made. Or let full stick movement to fly away from Home. It was nearly above home and it let me fly 1300' away and I thought I was in control. If I was working for the FAA I could make a very strong case as why this is acceptable means of fail safe control in a commercial aircraft. 3DR will need to tweak this. Still love the aircraft and I sure it will only get better.

Burke
The problem was when it was coming down u press the FLY button on which when is flying automatically lands the solo without notice, i saw a video talking about it just don't remember exactly where was it but it does that, another thing to have in mind as well is that if you press A & B at the same time as PAUSE you turn off your solo in mid flight or even landed try and see for yourself

The problem was when it was coming down u press the FLY button on which when is flying automatically lands the solo without notice, i saw a video talking about it just don't remember exactly where was it but it does that, another thing to have in mind as well is that if you press A & B at the same time as PAUSE you turn off your solo in mid flight or even landed try and see for yourself
Hello John,

Are you saying this from what I said or what you gathered from my flight logs. The auto land feature is not a instant on but a press and hold button. Nor did I use A/B pause. I do not recall anything about landing but a return to home or guessing now it was a return to land. Bottom line I was at home and it let me move full speed away from home while it took over the command of my altitude without my acknowledgement. Furthermore the control responded in a fashion I had control of the aircraft but now I understand only in 2d. This does seem potentially harmful to lose control of you craft and have it auto-land in a fricken crowd not a farm field. I've been around aircraft for over 30 year as a PP and A&P. longer in with RC plane and helos. This action can be considered as a fundamental flaw by not allowing the PIC to control the aircraft. I can see someone from the FAA using this as a reason to deny a 333 for this make and type of aircraft.

Burke

Hello John,

Are you saying this from what I said or what you gathered from my flight logs. The auto land feature is not a instant on but a press and hold button. Nor did I use A/B pause. I do not recall anything about landing but a return to home or guessing now it was a return to land. Bottom line I was at home and it let me move full speed away from home while it took over the command of my altitude without my acknowledgement. Furthermore the control responded in a fashion I had control of the aircraft but now I understand only in 2d. This does seem potentially harmful to lose control of you craft and have it auto-land in a fricken crowd not a farm field. I've been around aircraft for over 30 year as a PP and A&P. longer in with RC plane and helos. This action can be considered as a fundamental flaw by not allowing the PIC to control the aircraft. I can see someone from the FAA using this as a reason to deny a 333 for this make and type of aircraft.

Burke
From both burke, and honestly that was really weird, specially when u lose control over your aircraft, have you try contact techs from 3DR ?

I have had a hand full of emails and some conversation trying to communicate my concerns. I wasn't satisfied the 1st go-around and received a follow up phone call today. I feel 3DR is attentive to me and really feel this customer will be satisfied with their support. They have a team of engineers reviewing my log together and will get back to me. As much as my problem is still open it has been a little frustrated to this A personality but in all I don't feel abused and rejected as when I was dealing with my Phantom issues. Will keep you posted.

FYI - Un-named said "Gimbals are coming soon" -no date but I heard the excitement in the voice.

Burke
Peace -out

3DR is delivery to my expectations. New motor pods and props coming my way. They said I could send it in for repair and test or they send the two bad motors and props to me. Question. How many of you have dealt with DJI customer support and can still speak positively about them? I paid a little more for the SOLO and still think it is worth every penny.

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
3DR is delivery to my expectations. New motor pods and props coming my way. They said I could send it in for repair and test or they send the two bad motors and props to me. Question. How many of you have dealt with DJI customer support and can still speak positively about them? I paid a little more for the SOLO and still think it is worth every penny.
I totally agree!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44