My golden morning — shot on Solo

Looking through the video's comments revealed your use of a 8mm lens. I think I knew this, but you haven't posted a video in quite some time. I've debated myself for a couple of years now to get the Peau 8.25mm setup... I guess it's time to put up or shut up.

Nice skills editing and story line, always entertaining. Let us know if you need any help getting Solo back in the air.

Looking through the video's comments revealed your use of a 8mm lens. I think I knew this, but you haven't posted a video in quite some time. I've debated myself for a couple of years now to get the Peau 8.25mm setup... I guess it's time to put up or shut up.

Nice skills editing and story line, always entertaining. Let us know if you need any help getting Solo back in the air.

Thanks Rich. I do need help but not sure how it would be possible. The crash broke one of the main arms of the case clean through. Would need an entirely new airframe.

Reactions: Ralph E. Johnson
Frames can be had here or on ebay/amazon. Quick check seems that they are selling for +$80. I remember paying $25 back when for the one I got...seems inflation hit Solo.

How you broke an arm is beyond me, I've had worse crashes... You must have had it fall out of the tree during recovery. You may have other issues like a motor or gimbal out of whack. Repairs can add up quickly.

If you are determined to have a Solo, you may want to consider buying a used unit. They can be had at a reasonable cost, possibly better cost than repair parts would be. Otherwise, your comment for a Mavic Zoom may make better sense.

I'd offer to ship it to me for repair, but that doesn't make sense either considering freight back and forth, and then parts needed... I'm bummed that you crashed, turns out "we" aren't much help...

Hey Zzz, I have a whole shelf full of spare solo parts, including a frame if you want one (I need to cut down on my inventory me thinks). I can drop one over this week or if you're near KSPB over the weekend, we'll be in the area.

Reactions: RichWest
Thanks Rich. I do need help but not sure how it would be possible. The crash broke one of the main arms of the case clean through. Would need an entirely new airframe.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also, I need a new airframe. Cracked one of the main arms clean off.
Loved the video just hated how it ended:) I also have an extra frame if needed

Hey Zzz, I have a whole shelf full of spare solo parts, including a frame if you want one (I need to cut down on my inventory me thinks). I can drop one over this week or if you're near KSPB over the weekend, we'll be in the area.

Hey! Sorry just saw this. That'd be awesome. Maybe you can take a look at the victim and consult too.

I'll be at Twin Oaks this morning if you guys are out in the airplane.

Hey! Sorry just saw this. That'd be awesome. Maybe you can take a look at the victim and consult too.

I'll be at Twin Oaks this morning if you guys are out in the airplane.
Weill get you back in the air by the weekend hopefully, I wouldn't trust a "repaired" frame, just too much chance of something going wrong. You can still use it to diagnose your bird, does it still boot up, do the motors still spin etc. Pretty easy for small bits to break off the main board and put it out of commission so the more you can diagnose, the better chance of getting it in the air again. Hopefully the gimbal is still in one piece?

Weill get you back in the air by the weekend hopefully, I wouldn't trust a "repaired" frame, just too much chance of something going wrong. You can still use it to diagnose your bird, does it still boot up, do the motors still spin etc. Pretty easy for small bits to break off the main board and put it out of commission so the more you can diagnose, the better chance of getting it in the air again. Hopefully the gimbal is still in one piece?

I'll post some pics later today. I would email you direct but maybe others will enjoy the carnage too.

Pics of the carnage. Did a motor run-up and they did fine. Gimbal works fine. Props were amazingly unscathed. It must have just taken a very focused impact on that arm.

IMG_20190805_160304.jpgIMG_20190805_160316.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: brushhippie
Ouch... that's a heavy impact alright, looks like it came straight down on an arm and the impact traveled right through the body. On the bright side the distribution of the impact along the frame is what protected your internals from damage. I'll get the frame prepped for you (it's in an old bird that in no way was attacked by a tree), I advise you to keep all the screws etc, you're going to need them. I'm assuming your battery tray is ok? Preliminary plans to fly this weekend (wind dependent), so if you're at Twin Oaks again, we can stop off along the way. If plans change, we can just hop in the car and drop off somewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000