Lowepro Backpack for Solo

Reaction score
Im still in the market for a bag. Lowepro now has a bag that is very customizable. I like the concept. I happen to own a couple of there camera bags. What are your thoughts guys?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

While I love Lowepro for my camera bags, I would much prefer a drone bag made specifically for my done (Solo). I have a Drone Crate and love it. High quality and a perfect fit for everything. No chance of anything moving around. Also very easy to access what I need in the field including spare batteries. My thought is if a custom case is available, it sure beats one size fits all cases like this one.

Im still in the market for a bag. Lowepro now has a bag that is very customizable. I like the concept. I happen to own a couple of there camera bags. What are your thoughts guys?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I own Lowpro as well for camera bags, but don't have a Lowpro for Solo. . I'm very happy with the Fuerte Backpack I have. Molle/Tactical look. They're out of La Mesa (San Diego) and a great group to work with on any of the cases they have. Here's a pic with the coyote colored pack. (They have other color options)

Attachments

• 3DR Fuerte Tactical Case- FPVLR.jpeg
    3DR Fuerte Tactical Case- FPVLR.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 24
I'm still on the fence as what style or brand of bag to get? I like 3DRs bag. But find it very limiting as to if you have any Mods or extra gear you want to carry. I like to also have my DSLR handy. It would be nice to have room for such extra gear. That being said. The Think tank Helipak Is much more customizable. However it's $100 more.

image.jpg

I'm ordering this bag!
i own Phantoms 1, 2, and 3 pro, and Yuneec Q500, a 3DR Iris+, the Solo, and a couple of Blade quadcopters. I have spent a lot of money on hard cases and back packs, each of my drones has either one or the other. I hate spending $200+ on a case, and then have to hack into the foam with a serrated knife to trim away foam any time I customize the drone - sort of ruins the look of the foam and makes me wonder why I just don't go with pick and pluck foam. But lately my favorite way to carry any of the drones, simply because of compact size and ease of access, is Lowepro's drone guard kit:
Lowepro DroneGuard Kit LP36910 B&H Photo Video

I really like this thing! 99% of the travel I do with my drones is in the back seat or floor of my vehicle where I don't need a hard case. It fits all of my drones (except the Q500 which is too big) and does a good job of protecting them and everything is visible and easy to grab.
The back pack will grow with me, no more chopping away at beautiful laser cut foam, and whichever quad I fly that day will fit in it! I like.

I'm ordering this bag!
i own Phantoms 1, 2, and 3 pro, and Yuneec Q500, a 3DR Iris+, the Solo, and a couple of Blade quadcopters. I have spent a lot of money on hard cases and back packs, each of my drones has either one or the other. I hate spending $200+ on a case, and then have to hack into the foam with a serrated knife to trim away foam any time I customize the drone - sort of ruins the look of the foam and makes me wonder why I just don't go with pick and pluck foam. But lately my favorite way to carry any of the drones, simply because of compact size and ease of access, is Lowepro's drone guard kit:
Lowepro DroneGuard Kit LP36910 B&H Photo Video

I really like this thing! 99% of the travel I do with my drones is in the back seat or floor of my vehicle where I don't need a hard case. It fits all of my drones (except the Q500 which is too big) and does a good job of protecting them and everything is visible and easy to grab.
The back pack will grow with me, no more chopping away at beautiful laser cut foam, and whichever quad I fly that day will fit in it! I like.

Looks nice! I tend to favor the more grab and go. I do lots of outdoor so molle that I can attach gear works well for me. Like the Fuerte (Microrapter) Backpacks!

Attachments

• Fuerte Backpack_R3D extensions_FPVLR_7 inch hood_1.JPG
    Fuerte Backpack_R3D extensions_FPVLR_7 inch hood_1.JPG
    428.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff
Looks nice! I tend to favor the more grab and go. I do lots of outdoor so molle that I can attach gear works well for me. Like the Fuerte Backpacks!
I like them too, I have a Fuerte for my Iris+, the same sand color. Nice back pack. My Phantom 2 with FPV set up is in a very similar backpack by Go Professional with the bright blue laser cut foam. I had to cut a big chunk out of that one to accommodate the FPV set up.

Reactions: UAVenthusiast
I picked up the Lowepro cs 400.
Positives:
Overall it's a great bag. I went with this bag as not to be limited to carrying one type of drone. I have a p2 and a solo and this bag fits either one nicely. Another plus is that I don't need to find the designated spot for each accessory and there is tons of room for extras. I also have a handheld gimbal that a can throw in there as well as extra batteries etc... You can also have your birds in "ready to fly" mode with props installed. I typically don't just for fear of bending props etc.
The downsides:
The straps in the lid where props are shown as being stored are not ideal for me. It takes some bending to get them in, and then they are too close to pressing on the rest of the components in the bag. I just keep them in the side. The transmitter pouch is a little snug for the solo controller but is fine for the p2. The solo transmitter fits but is just slightly pressing against the lid when closed. Not a huge deal to me either.

For 20 bucks cheaper, and more versatility than the 3dr bag, I think this one's a win. $131 shipped with Amazon prime.

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44