Loss of control after installing open solo 4.0

Reaction score
I recently installed open solo 4.0 and everything to install correctly. On my first flight, the solo launched correctly, but the only thing I could control was altitued. No pitch, yaw, foward, or backward. The solo was also not holding position. It would hold altitude, but drifted with the wind. Tried switching flight modes, but nothing changed. Decided to call it a day after the second time I flipped it in the yard. Looking for recommendations on correcting the problem.

There is a safer way of testing...try without the props. If you start Solo like normal, the motors will react to stick input... Call it a ground test.

Failed controller gimbal(s)? I lean towards hardware rather than software as to cause(s) for why things don't work. At least initially.

Reactions: DJMc
I recently installed open solo 4.0 and everything to install correctly. On my first flight, the solo launched correctly, but the only thing I could control was altitued. No pitch, yaw, foward, or backward. The solo was also not holding position. It would hold altitude, but drifted with the wind. Tried switching flight modes, but nothing changed. Decided to call it a day after the second time I flipped it in the yard. Looking for recommendations on correcting the problem.
The exact same thing just happened to me. All new Solo 4 software. Loiter worked. Return to home worked. Started it again in manual mode. No control. It went up 3ft, hovered, then flipped over and drove itself into the ground. Wouldn’t shut off. Had to grab it live and press the off button. Props were damaged.

Excellent follow-up skills people. Just love it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc