Looking for 3D Iris Motors

Reaction score
In normal operation the two screws holding the rotor dropped out and the motor flew off my Iris 3D after about a handful of flights. Now I an stuck with this drone that is effectively garbage as this company has no parts supplier for this drone. The part is simple and I am sure I can install, but support is limited, actually non existent.

In normal operation the two screws holding the rotor dropped out and the motor flew off my Iris 3D after about a handful of flights. Now I an stuck with this drone that is effectively garbage as this company has no parts supplier for this drone. The part is simple and I am sure I can install, but support is limited, actually non existent.

If you bought the Iris new recently (can you do that?), 3DR support should help. Using the chat feature to contact them will likely get best results. If you want to do it yourself, eBay has a ton of these motors. I don't have an Iris, but what I'm seeing is that the Iris+ uses a 2213 motor. If you replace one, I recommend replacing all four so that they are all the same motor. Two clockwise, two counterclockwise.

Wow, Thanks so much, the chat people really are not too helpful. This motor looks correct.
The Iris is about a year old, though they say that it has been discontinued for over 2 years. I am looking at the 2213 and it appears to be correct, I am concerned about the length of the cable not being the same as the original Iris, so I may have to cut connectors and wrap connections with electrical tape. Unless you have a better suggestion. I don't want this to become a huge project.

The Iris is about a year old, though they say that it has been discontinued for over 2 years. I am looking at the 2213 and it appears to be correct, I am concerned about the length of the cable not being the same as the original Iris, so I may have to cut connectors and wrap connections with electrical tape. Unless you have a better suggestion. I don't want this to become a huge project.

I wouldn't cut anything until you have motors in hand and can compare. Since the Iris+ is a Pixhawk drone, I'm sure the motor rotation is set up as in the following guide:

Connect ESCs and Motors — Copter documentation

Skip the ESC and stuff at the top of the page, just scroll down to the part about the motor rotation, near the bottom. Once you wire the new motors in, if they are spinning the wrong direction, just swap over any two of the three wires connecting to the motor. That will reverse the spin. Also take care to note the thread angle on the propeller mounting shaft, CW or CCW as appropriate. If you have any questions, send me a PM. Motor swap is pretty straightforward.

Oh, also, confirm you have the Iris+, versus the earlier Iris. I think the original Iris's used 2212 motors.

I have four spare motors if you need them, I purchased them thinking one needed replacing but it appears that isn't the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo