Let's go swimming !

Beautiful scenery! Where was that filmed?
I was on the lower swift river, White Mountain National Forest in Albany, NH (Mount Washington Vally) around a mile from where it joins the Saco river

I thought some of the shots were OK - no gimbal - I was trying to practice steady stick flying and got - caught up in it -

Reactions: Maddog
I recall reading about a product (this one maybe) that had issues inflating properly as the depth increased (sinking). I checked the website and none of the distributing points had inventory....

It a great idea overall and seems priced fairly at $17US. I'd try it. Then there is the Getterback.

The problem with just drying things out, is that in some cases it is very tough to do (under IC's etc) and it can also leave behind residue that was dissolved in the water, and that can be an electronics killer. Even if the water looks clear, salt and other minerals can cause havoc.

This is a good point. If something has been submerged, you can rinse it with isoproply alcohol. If it's already been exposed to water, you can't make things much worse, and this will do a few things - rinse away residue, combine with any water hiding in small spaces, and then speed evaporation. If I were to fly over water, I think I'd add a small bottle of alcohol to my bag.

I recall reading about a product (this one maybe) that had issues inflating properly as the depth increased (sinking). I checked the website and none of the distributing points had inventory....

It a great idea overall and seems priced fairly at $17US. I'd try it. Then there is the Getterback.

Interesting. I have seen that approach in other product as well, a float with a blinky LED on a fixed amount of line. Just need to pack some line and a float into a small attached tube covered with some Mentos (the fresh maker) and voila !

I was on the lower swift river, White Mountain National Forest in Albany, NH (Mount Washington Vally) around a mile from where it joins the Saco river

I thought some of the shots were OK - no gimbal - I was trying to practice steady stick flying and got - caught up in it -

Good video anyway! Think I'll do my practicing in an open field -:)

This is a good point. If something has been submerged, you can rinse it with isoproply alcohol. If it's already been exposed to water, you can't make things much worse, and this will do a few things - rinse away residue, combine with any water hiding in small spaces, and then speed evaporation. If I were to fly over water, I think I'd add a small bottle of alcohol to my bag.
100% agree. Pure alcohol (no rubbing oil) is best.

No worries - sounds like I made out better than you. Here is hoping for a speedy motor delivery-
Mitten - Im happy to report that after the motor pod replacement Im back in the air. With a gimbal no less. Glad I was still on the wait list when I had my water landing...

Mitten - Im happy to report that after the motor pod replacement Im back in the air. With a gimbal no less. Glad I was still on the wait list when I had my water landing...
Glad to hear it.
Cheers on the gimbal ! I am so tired of waiting -

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea