LED Issue

Reaction score
My Solo's LED's display incorrectly when ready to fly. Motors 2, 3 and 4 are red and motor 1 is white. (see attached photo)

I called 3DR in San Diego (Extremely friendly folks there) and they didn't have an answer for me. They haven't experienced this before.

I've taken it out for 1 flight. No issues. Took about a minute to lock on to GPS sats, flew it around the backyard under my trees with power lines directly above in the wonderful congested city of Anaheim Ca. No issues.

Solo, app and radio were updated without any hiccups..

Anyone?

Regards.

Attachments

• Solo LEDs.jpg
    Solo LEDs.jpg
    772.1 KB · Views: 25
I had one of the red LED's turn up green one time. It never stayed that way though. A restart corrected it.

I've done a factory reset as well. Issue still remains.

Isn't there supposed to be a way to change the colors? I remember that from some of the early pre release videos, but in sure it's still coming soon in the solo app

Isn't there supposed to be a way to change the colors? I remember that from some of the early pre release videos, but in sure it's still coming soon in the solo app
yep

Was supposed to but I have yet to find it. does the stuck one turn green upon start up??

Yes. All motors are green and turn off one at a time at boot-up. Once complete, number 03 motor turns red.

Yes. All motors are green and turn off one at a time at boot-up. Once complete, number 03 motor turns red.

I had this issue with one of my solo's and for me it was a sensor calibration fail i just rebooted the system and did a level calibration and a compass calibration and it fixed the issue hope that helps!

You could always swap motor pods of the same type as a troubleshooting step. If it follows the pod or not, at that point you will at least know what system the problem is in.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion Kevin. I've completed the calibrations already. I've performed the level calibration twice. 2nd time because the system requested it.

Reactions: Kevin Wainscott
3dr support contacted me via email with a few questions. Going to wait and see what they suggest before I do anymore. If they don't have an answer, I'll swap motor pods 03 and 04 and see what happens.

Bill did you find a solution? Mine doing the same, 3 red and 1 white.. took it out and flew 2 battery, nothing wrong, but as I can see, it look like not holding position as accurate now. Let me know if you did get a solution.. thanks

You can try the Solex app if you're using Android. You can then customize the lighting.

I currently have a iphone. Does android give you more setting to play with?

I currently have a iphone. Does android give you more setting to play with?
It's a complicated issue.
Android allows you to use Tower, likely the best choice for pre-planned flights. Then there's Solex, which is more like the standard Solo app in function but with more features.
It would seem like Android has the advantage - but in my experience Apple devices have been much, much more reliable.
Your mileage may vary of course.

thought I would touch on this issue because I have it myself on one of my solo birds- I never paid much attention to the lights to know 100% if it existed before but after a hard crash- I got the magnetic interference error for a while until I made sure all the connections were good and installed a new leg on the compass- which had broke... eventually after a few attempts I got an all clear after recalibrating- not noticing the lights until after- this being said- there are no color configs in SOLEX for this type of lighting color arrangement- but until I'm sure it's not just a lighting config- I'll use it for orientation at night...

I would still put the issue on the pods being the culprit if it just being a false positive- it's not like everything follows the correct path to logical programming to display error codes
look at how many times people fail to work coding to get the results they want- until another unsightly situation arises they overlooked - hence updated software
LET's BE REAL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo