Learn from my mistake (Refresh Your Batts) Epic Crash

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Please learn from my mistake. Do NOT fly the Solo after a couple of weeks of going without flying. We had been traveling and I was unable to fly. Getting back home I was itching to get back in the air. I started with 57% battery so I figured I'd get about 8 minutes in the air. After getting about 300' away, I noticed the battery dropping power quickly. I don't normally use the RTL button but figured it would be the quickest way home. Watching the battery continue to fall, I sensed it wasn't going fast enough so I went into manual and went full-down on the power stick and headed home. About 20' altitude I released the power-down and touched power-up slightly to stop the quick descent (quicker). It didn't seem to register until AFTER a solid bounce off my driveway. Once it "registered" the unit took the power surge, jumped and turned left over my roof where I couldn't see to control it. In hind site, the video feed was probably fine and I could have FPV'd it out of the crash but I had already hit panic mode. Big Lesson Learned; refresh your batts after a little break before flying no matter how much you want to fly again. BTW, after replacing the blades, refreshing the batt, and a good calibration, all is well. Whew!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo