Landing pad

This is what I use:

Helipad

Light and fairly portable. The legs are not adjustable, but can be sunk into soft ground to level the pad. I use a cheap circle level in the center. But why I really like it is because I can take the center leg out, use that hole to mount the pad on my tripod, and regardless of the slope, I can quickly and easily have a level surface. And I don't have to bend over or kneel on the ground if my back is bothering me. Plus it is challenging to attempt to land within the circle.

Pretty cool- thanks for sharing!

If you want to really challenge yourself, put a quarter on the ground one try to put one of solo's legs on it when you land. :)

Reactions: GoodnNuff
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

~z3r01~

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Need to make my legs easily detachable just by chance mine slides in the backpack and just lets the zipper close, but legs are long.

Been thinking of doing something similar but cutting hole in part for gimbal to avoid having to use leg extenders.

Speaking of rain/weather, tried to spot tornado that came within a couple mile of my house. Unfortunately had to land before the downpour started. Got back in air after got some great storm video. Will try to post when I fix my pc.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Been thinking of doing something similar but cutting hole in part for gimbal to avoid having to use leg extenders.

Speaking of rain/weather, tried to spot tornado that came within a couple mile of my house. Unfortunately had to land before the downpour started. Got back in air after got some great storm video. Will try to post when I fix my pc.

That's a real good idea, i definitley get a lot of leg in my shot in wide, can't say enough good about it otherwise but that is the one and only issue I have with solo or the gimbal.

Think I'll do the same with mine or maybe I'll just have 2 tops for it since it's easy to swap out. Well may have to make something larger though landing will still be real close unless I have a good sized cutout to land over. Hmm we need to figure out a mod that won't be in shots but will give us clearance, not sure if it's doable without affecting flight or your shot. Im thinking but this is tough, extensions work great but are in wide shot, widening the stance would possibly cause issues with propulsion, take offs not too hard but landing is a bit more difficult since hand catching isn't as easy as phantom. Hmm any ideas to try out?

Reactions: LouGeese

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44