Jumping in, boy I hope theres water in that pool!

Reaction score
Hi. I'm Keith. I live in Michigan, just a few miles north of Detroit and just a few miles from Lake St Claire. I just bought my brothers Solo kit. The UAV and controller, spare new battery, motorized gimbal, Hero 4 Silver camera, prop guards, better props, landing gear extenders, bigger controller knobs, directional panel antennas and the base chargers. He put $720 into all this last January, and since everything is new or in mint condition, I agreed to give him $750, since I didnt have to do any of that research and shopping. Nkt sire if it was a great deal or not in general, but since our deals are usually "I'll use it now and pay you as soon as I can, be it days or months from now", I'm plenty happy with the deal! He bought it all, then saw that without a certification there are very few places around here to fly, it all just sat in his closet for the last 6 months.
I've never flown a UAV, so that'll be fun.
Ill be getting my certification because I intend on making this thing pay ME! So, I have lots to learn about being a pilot as well as all tje capabilities and possibilities the Solo has. So far, I'm not seeing anything under $3000 that matches what I've got here. I'll try not to ask too many stupid questions, but no guarantees!

Thanks to the community for keeping support and development of the Solo alive!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in 3DR quadcopters.
Enjoy!

Welcome Keith! No such thing as a stupid question, but please try searching first. Chances are your questions have been asked and answered before.

The Solo is a few years old now, but it was the leading technology in 2016. I think you’ll find it a great drone to fly, and it is still competitive with most of the latest drones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela