It's nearly beer o' clock...

Reaction score
So after a long hard day that may or may not have included flying...

... what the hell are we all drinking?

I can drink anything once it's not hoppy (seriously, why the hell does anyone want the aftertaste of bile in their mouth), but after my beers, I do like my peanut butter stouts and there's a chocolate orange stout that just tastes divine (and will knock you on your ass).

So come on, lets see if we can at least find a common ground.

What you all drinking?

During the holidays I like going to the Class 6- the Naval Bases will have limited, numbered bottles of whiskey on the shelves- seen one last year that was almost $8k. Grabbed the kids and carefully lead them away from that section!!! I’d like to see who buys those bottles-

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
So after a long hard day that may or may not have included flying...

... what the hell are we all drinking?

I can drink anything once it's not hoppy (seriously, why the hell does anyone want the aftertaste of bile in their mouth), but after my beers, I do like my peanut butter stouts and there's a chocolate orange stout that just tastes divine (and will knock you on your ass).

So come on, lets see if we can at least find a common ground.

What you all drinking?

German beer and it has to be from the bottom of the keg, hard to find here in the States. Good ole Russian Vodka or even "Captain Morgan'" rum.
Years ago us KIDs (21, a lie) use to drink good ole Schlitz Malt liquor in the small cans. I think I have drank about everything at the time in the 60s
that was not suppose to be. Girls were on our mind at the time and hot cars were fun building and driving/drag-racing. SPEED was additive and
drinking would get you into the after-life if you tried both. Safer flying drones. the problem, where's the girls! :(

Just-for-you-information, don't ever trust a friend that doesn't try a drink once in awhile! I am over 70 and had that said to me and it
has proven true over the years from experience. The reason might be that the person has hidden a hostility or emotional trauma
that might appear---they can't control their deep emotions. Get away from that person immediately! I've been in that situation and
have seen the "Doctor-Jecko-Hide" situation. Alcohol can bring out the real person or a monster and drugs are the worse.
You can't dispute me since I've have since this over 70+ years, just be warned about friends and always fly safe!

The girls come around when your drones get bigger- I think they refer to them as Learjets?

Being Irish, I actually don't drink much............................water. I do however find there are days you want to pound back a beer, days you want to sit and enjoy a richer beer and then days when you just want something to sip (I admit, Bailey's is still the go to for that one). However I will also enjoy a glass of red in the evening times, go for an old vine Zin or a Pinot. Helps one relax and unwind especially with a good book.... a couple of glasses will help you read bad books.

But damn, still miss me a large 2 liter bottle of Linden Village....

White Rum and Diet Pepsi. Last night was vodka and pineapple juice.

Problem with this Diet Pepsi or anything that is "sugar free" or a diet drink, it contains "Aspertame." check this site out:
What is Aspartame?

Have you ever witnessed people in the checkout line at Walmart that are buying cases + of diet soda? Notice, they are
over weight and can hardly function, would fail to pass a sobriety test if stopped by police. Check out what wood alcohol
is used for!

Hmmm I did have a S'more stout (or two) this weekend since it wasn't flying weather. It was.... ok... could have been more chocolaty, but it was thick, strong notes of coffee and hints of smoke. Still though, I'm thinking as an after flight beer, Nut Crusher Peanut Butter Stout works the best. It's flavorful, but without being too thick or heavy.

Attachments

• 199972.jpg
    199972.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 14
Makes me awfully thirsty for a Monday!
Ahhhh that's a different beer then. You see a nice stout is a good after flight beer, or even a BBQ beer (one you pour on the meat while bbqing of course), but as a thirst quencher on a hot day? Thinking that's different, you need something you can pound back or have two or three of in a row at least. Flavorful but not too light. Hefewiezen?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc