IOS turns off camera on recording?

Reaction score
so my 6 plus with latest IOS is creating issues. As son as I hit record the picture goes Black

I tried with older app on another phone which worked for a bit but now does not connect to Solo app. So very frustrating

Any thoughts fellow pilots?

I think we are pretty much stuck with the current 3DR solo app version we have now, as i do not see them updating it any time soon or ever for that matter. Not sure if this is a option for you as it does cost to purchase but I bought the Sidepilot app. and can say it works great. Also the creator of the app keeps it updated often. For the money it is well worth it, Think it was like $12.99 or something. Or if you have a android device you could purchase solex. Hope this helps.....

I think we are pretty much stuck with the current 3DR solo app version we have now, as i do not see them updating it any time soon or ever for that matter. Not sure if this is a option for you as it does cost to purchase but I bought the Sidepilot app. and can say it works great. Also the creator of the app keeps it updated often. For the money it is well worth it, Think it was like $12.99 or something. Or if you have a android device you could purchase solex. Hope this helps.....

so my 6 plus with latest IOS is creating issues. As son as I hit record the picture goes Black

I tried with older app on another phone which worked for a bit but now does not connect to Solo app. So very frustrating

Any thoughts fellow pilots?

It's a known bug, caused by a conflict between iOS 11 and the 3DR Solo app. They haven't fixed it yet. The only workaround (of which I'm aware) is to exit the app on your iOS device as soon as the video feed goes black, and then restart the app. Then the video feed will reappear, and recording will already be in progress.

Totally deleting the app and re-installing it from scratch MIGHT help, but I can't do that because I have a bunch of saved MPCC flights which I absolutely cannot afford to lose... but stupid Apple doesn't give you the option of deleting apps without deleting their data. :(

It's a known bug, caused by a conflict between iOS 11 and the 3DR Solo app. They haven't fixed it yet. The only workaround (of which I'm aware) is to exit the app on your iOS device as soon as the video feed goes black, and then restart the app. Then the video feed will reappear, and recording will already be in progress.

Totally deleting the app and re-installing it from scratch MIGHT help, but I can't do that because I have a bunch of saved MPCC flights which I absolutely cannot afford to lose... but stupid Apple doesn't give you the option of deleting apps without deleting their data. :(

Side Pilot appears.

Totally deleting the [3DR Solo] app and re-installing it from scratch MIGHT help, but I can't do that because I have a bunch of saved MPCC flights which I absolutely cannot afford to lose... but stupid Apple doesn't give you the option of deleting apps without deleting their data. :(

Side Pilot appears.

Does Side Pilot import saved MPCC flights (AKA waypoints) from 3DR's app?

I’m not certain as I have not checked yet. But I can guarantee that re-loading after deleting app doesn’t change the issues. SidePilot is a little more involved and I am reading manual.

Ive always been able to fly using IOS and solo app--- but had the same issue you described when selecting 4K on my GoPro. As soon as I click on the camera view it would go black. When i put setting GoPro setting back to 1080 it was function as normal.

Apr 20, 2017-- Despite no supporting Solo anymore-- 3DR made another Solo ap update to fix the 10.3 issue. iSO 11 seems to work well as well. THANK YOU 3DR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc