Info

Reaction score
Hi folks
I'm new of solo drone
I have some question:
Which app can install on iPhone?
The solo app for iPhone work for geocaching?
I would like to use this drone for work as thermography or land analysis

The only application for iOS is the 3DR Solo app. There is nothing in the application for geocaching, thermography, or land analysis. Nor does the solo come with any hardware for thermography. You would need to purchase the FLIR Vue Pro and it's associated gimbal for about $6,000 total here (Made for Solo | 3DR SOLO Gimbal for FLIR VUE THERMAL CAMERAS The Highest Quality OEM Cameras).
And I change the device, like a android tablet
Is possible use tower?
And what u think about airnest

On Android, you have the 3DR Solo app, the Solex app, and the Tower app.

The 3DR Solo app doesn't give you anything more or different than the Apple version. Actually it does less. The Solex app does all kinds of cool stuff over and above what the 3DR app can do. But nothing related to thermogrophy or survey work. The developer of Solex is eager to bring waypoint missions and surveys into his app, but it's not there now.

Tower is designed to create and execute waypoint missions, including survey grids. It works quite nicely. Again nothing to do with thermography. The survey missions you make with Tower can certainly utilize the GoPro and gimbal on the Solo. It's far from the most ideal camera for survey work. And I wouldn't use it for production quality work. More for fun/hobby use. You can geotag the images later using Mission Planner and the Solo's dataflash logs. Those geotagged images from the GoPro can be fed into any number of orthomosaic applications or web services to crate your maps. All the orthomosaic processing apps and services that produce production worthy products cost money. Expect well over $1000.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44