I just might be out.....

No shooting. Just asking as you are the only person I have seen post this. It would be nice if they do this but I would be surprised.
I've not seen the source of this, but this same claim has been made on Twitter once as originating on Facebook. When there was a long delay on an Iris upgrade 3DR did do a free battery as a gesture, but that was a couple of months late, if the gimbal is only a few weeks delayed I'd be surprised at such a gesture. Time will tell.

Reactions: rrmccabe
it is more like 6 weeks.
begining of june to middle of july.
do the math.

it is more like 6 weeks.
begining of june to middle of july.
do the math.
From what I've read June has been stated to those people who've ordered from 3DR so on that basis it's not 6 weeks.

From what I've heard some of which I can't repeat I doubt the wait will be long, it certainly won't be months.

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
No shooting. Just asking as you are the only person I have seen post this. It would be nice if they do this but I would be surprised.

Be surprised :)

http://www.dronefly.com/product-p/3dr-solo.htm

*** 3DR has informed us that the gimbal will ship approximately 30 days after the solo is delivered to you because of high demand. Orders placed for the Solo with gimbal before June 30th will receive a FREE EXTRA SOLO BATTERY.

Be surprised :)

http://www.dronefly.com/product-p/3dr-solo.htm

*** 3DR has informed us that the gimbal will ship approximately 30 days after the solo is delivered to you because of high demand. Orders placed for the Solo with gimbal before June 30th will receive a FREE EXTRA SOLO BATTERY.

Like I said on the other thread, high demand makes no sense. Did they really think only a fraction of the people would buy the gimbal? LOL

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything from B&H.
Kind of an unusual silence.

Last edited:
I know its not as good but you can still fly it with your GoPro with the fixed mount.
You got that right rrmccabe, at least get the app up and running and see if the connection to camera works with out gimbal...I've shot lots of video with a Go Pro simple adhesive mount basically affixed to the bottom of a Blade 350 QX for hours. Sometimes jell distortion, sometimes not. Most the time the video was your typically great Go Pro HD video with no "jello" or distortion. I mean yes you've got to have a gimbal for professional video but if 3DR ships my Solo without gimbal I'm launching it anyway.

i have down loaded the go pro app and it works fine with my samsung s5 phone.
pitcures and video are good.
little fisheye though.
camera is a hero black 4
but it does work through my phone though

i have down loaded the go pro app and it works fine with my samsung s5 phone.
pitcures and video are good.
little fisheye though.
camera is a hero black 4
but it does work through my phone though
New Solo app?

I have "heard" 3DR has not authorized any free batteries because of a gimbal shortage. They are alleged to have stated if the gimbal ships later than the aircraft the warranty period would be adjusted to reflect that. The Solo will have a fixed camera mount when it ships. Looking at the mounting plate shown in some bottom views it appears a Tarot gimbal may also fit.

Reactions: Hayabusadrew
I have "heard" 3DR has not authorized any free batteries because of a gimbal shortage. They are alleged to have stated if the gimbal ships later than the aircraft the warranty period would be adjusted to reflect that. The Solo will have a fixed camera mount when it ships. Looking at the mounting plate shown in some bottom views it appears a Tarot gimbal may also fit.

Just more F ing around from 3DR. They really need to announce what is going to happen or get off he pot.

3DR has informed us that the gimbal will ship approximately 30 days after the solo is delivered to you because of high demand. Orders placed for the Solo with gimbal before June 30th will receive a FREE EXTRA SOLO BATTERY.

If I analyze that statement it sounds like some may get a gimble. Possibly those that preordered early? If the delay is based on an issue though Then I would guess no one will get one until July..

I just received an email from Casey with 3DR customer service. He said that the solo will be released as planned, although there could be up to a 5 business day delay in shipping but that the gimbal and the solo will ship as planned. I don't know if this is only for orders placed through the 3dr website or all pre orders. I would be happy to show a screenshot of the emails I received if anyone would like me to.

Reactions: rrmccabe
I just received an email from Casey with 3DR customer service. He said that the solo will be released as planned, although there could be up to a 5 business day delay in shipping but that the gimbal and the solo will ship as planned. I don't know if this is only for orders placed through the 3dr website or all pre orders. I would be happy to show a screenshot of the emails I received if anyone would like me to.

Sounds good to me but I swear I've heard a seen some many different reports on when the solo and gimbal will ship I'll believe it when I see mine lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela