I have a solo.. I built a rear prop sailplane and like to install sololink with pixhawk

Reaction score
IMG_20170723_132752.jpg

Here is a photo of the sailplane. 6.5ft wingspan.
I have an 8 channel frsky received in there right now and my turning programmed appropriately with flaps ailerons rudder stabilizer ,throttle cut.
After learning about the flight characteristics of this bird I would like to install a pixhawk controller with sololink.

I have an updated photo
f8861cd39a568c439fed77800216a7f6.jpg

Why do you want to install the guts of your Solo in a plane? You will need to reflash the firmware to get it to work on your plane and likely loosing SoloLink in the process. Just buy a Pixhawk2.1 and FPV transmitter and have fun!

You understood me wrong. I have 2 Solos, 1 helicopter, 1 mini drone, 2 Homebrew quads, 1 large fixed wing.
I have been into r/c and GPS guided aircraft for a few years lol.
I also hope to build a GPS guided boat during the winter.

The two Solos are both equipped differently.
The pixhawk IMX/Solo configuration has proven to me that it's really great for FPV and GPS guided flight. I would like to add the hardware and configure it for my plane. I am looking for a source for the electronics. I am not looking to repurpose the electronics from my solo. Besides the pixhawk in the solo is optimized for a Quadcopter. I would like to interface a Pixhawk 4 with a IMX4 and Sololink. My fixed wing has ailerons, flaps, stabilizer, rudder, and motor. All need a servo connection because I would like to fly in CROW mode. Right now I fly it with a Turning/FrSky config and using the mixers to achieve the flight characteristics I want, and to get a good idea of how to program the flight controller.

I actually fly both of my Solos. I have one modified for longer distance FPV. The other will be used with the OpenSolo firmware. Here's a photo of my longer distance FPV controller.. hopefully testing it today.
e55dd4521fbb0221e648433b103b5688.jpg

Last edited:
Im afraid that i do not know how to intrgrate SoloLink into a stock Pixhawk 2.1. All my pixhawk aircraft (DIY hex, quad and airplane) do not use SoloLink, but rather FrSky control with SiK radio telemetry and FPV transmitter. SoloLink works great on Solo, but I prefer a system with longer range on y other aircraft.

You are describing a similar config I have for my fixed wing. Turnigy & FrSky.
The FPLVR antenna is performing well with my 3dr solo. With no spotter I comfortably flew the solo 4600ft out. 400 ft elevation.
I am testing the Alfa 9db dipoles next since I prefer to use an omnidirectional antenna with a fixed wing. The fpvlr is perfect for my 3dr Solo
If I get 1 mile of range then it would be fine for my fixed wing.

It appears that the FPVLR range with my solo is a really good match.
If I flew out any further I would not be able to achieve a safe RTL.

I've heard good things about the FPVLR antennas, but I don't own any. I do have the 9db Alfas (which are directional) but don't use them too often unless flying further than usual.

You understood me wrong. I have 2 Solos, 1 helicopter, 1 mini drone, 2 Homebrew quads, 1 large fixed wing.
I have been into r/c and GPS guided aircraft for a few years lol.
I also hope to build a GPS guided boat during the winter.

The two Solos are both equipped differently.
The pixhawk IMX/Solo configuration has proven to me that it's really great for FPV and GPS guided flight. I would like to add the hardware and configure it for my plane. I am looking for a source for the electronics. I am not looking to repurpose the electronics from my solo. Besides the pixhawk in the solo is optimized for a Quadcopter. I would like to interface a Pixhawk 4 with a IMX4 and Sololink. My fixed wing has ailerons, flaps, stabilizer, rudder, and motor. All need a servo connection because I would like to fly in CROW mode. Right now I fly it with a Turning/FrSky config and using the mixers to achieve the flight characteristics I want, and to get a good idea of how to program the flight controller.

I actually fly both of my Solos. I have one modified for longer distance FPV. The other will be used with the OpenSolo firmware. Here's a photo of my longer distance FPV controller.. hopefully testing it today.
e55dd4521fbb0221e648433b103b5688.jpg
I think mRo is working on this. Not 100% sure but that's what it sounded like in one of Jordi's blogs. Unless I dreamt it.

mRo got back to me today. They are working on mRoLink
They are going to be releasing more info when available

I am glad that 3DR engineers went on and started mRo. The SoloLink / Pixhawk technology will live on and evolve.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40