How do I take a picture?

Reaction score
Solo 3dr, Hero 3 Black with iPhone 5s, all updates are current, how do I record to the sd card in the Hero 3 and how do I take pictures NOT just video. I have the video figured out and it will go to my camera roll on the iPhone but how do I get it to record to the camera sd card and just take single pictures?

Reactions: Coopermckay
Hi Shawn, and welcome. If you have the Hero 3 Black, and not the Hero 3+ Black, you can get live feed from your camera, but no camera control from the controller at this time. That would mean you would have to start your video before taking off, and stopping it after you land. As for pictures, you would have to set your camera to take a photo while you are recording. There are different intervals of time you can set it for to take a picture. I hope this helps you. Good luck.

Can you get camera control from a Hero 4? And will it record to the card in the camera? I have the Hero 3+ and it would not record to the camera card.

You should get full control with the Hero 4. Earlier, you said you have the Hero 3 Black. Now you say you have the 3+. Which is it? It makes a difference on what each will do with Solo.

I double checked it is definetly a 3+, what should it be capable of? The camera feature does not highlight to work.

Ok, so you have a 3+Black. If all firmware is up to date- Camera, and Solo app- you should have control of the camera. I am not familiar with the iphones, and which are compatible with Solo, so I wouldn't know if that was a potential problem or not. Your firmware should be as follows - Camera is version 3.03, and both Solo and controller should be version 1.3.0. If you have the same version of the firmware, then I would check with 3DR and see what they say. Remember they are available 24/7. You also might take the camera out of the gimbal and record a video to see if the camera records on your sd card. If your camera works ok out of the gimbal, be sure to check your camera is seated in the gimbal properly, and that your cable is plugged in snugly. Good luck.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44