How are there Solo backpacks for $159 and $400 on ebay?

Looks like the same product. Some people are just looking to make a big profit at our expense. The normal price is $149.95 at most retailers who carry them.

I got mine as part of a combo package with the solo and gimbal.
It's pretty good, but I think it would benefit from some more robust shoulder straps, a waist strap to help stop it bumping around when you are going over rough terrain, and more pockets accessible from the outside ( for quick access to say an anemometer ). I'd also gave like a strap or two on the outside to attach a roll of vinyl GCP markers and a 1x1m vinyl landing pad.
It's a good deal at $149 IMHO.

I've taken the solo with me now on over 6 productions and the backpack, while hella dirty, has proven itselft to me as a reliable method of storage.

I've had to trek up a hill and all I could think of " glad I didnt have to lug a case."
Not saying the cases are bad by any means, they offer much more protection and
I may pick one up in the future for myself. Yet the backpack for MY needs is more than
enough. The only real qualm I have is there is no real safe place to put your props besides
leaving them in their solo box and putting them in the big pouch. Other than that I'm happy.

Buyer beware. Always look before you buy. Anyone spending 400 bucks for the backpack must have too much money on their hands. But, that is the American free enterprise system.

Back pack to print.jpg Padded bags required 190mm x 85mm x 50mm times two.jpg It's brilliant, if you need to carry extra items, you could wear a shooting/fishing/safari vest and bungee cord anything onto the pack. I've fitted a Canon camera to the SOLO and it fits in the pack just fine, along with 5 batteries (one fitted), TX, tablet, spare props and space for tools, chargers,etc.

Yea, I picked up a backpack from DSLR Pros on eBay for $125, and it's fantastic. It fits everything with room to spare, and really protects all the gear. I had been carrying the Solo around in it's shipping container, and this is infinitely better.

I bought mine from B&H, $149.00 & free shipping. Very pleased with quality. Not sure it would fit the carry on luggage size requirements, wouldn't trust it in checked luggage. otherwise great price, great quality well laid out! I saw the $400.00 eBay add, guess they are fishing for stupid people...

Last edited:
Very pleased with quality. Not sure it would fit the carry on luggage size requirements

Really happy with mine too. On the luggage size requirements, I would think they'd take that into consideration in the design of the backpack. They could have made it smaller at the expense of holding less if that's what was needed to squeak through. I suspect it'll fit for carry on, when my son was little (~4 years ago), we traveled with one of those big kid carrying hiking backpacks, and to my amazement, we were allowed to take it as carry on.

And yea, I wouldn't trust it as checked luggage either. Every time I've traveled with a pelican case filled with underwater camera gear checked, it's been rummaged through on arrival - stuff taken out, thrown back in haphazardly and the top just mashed down and latched. One time all the pluck out foam was torn up, some of it was hanging out and only one latch was closed. Really pissed me off.

It is a perfect fit as a carry-on. It is clear that this was considered in the design. I've taken it on an A319, a 737 and an ERJ-175 (a small commuter jet) and it fit in each overhead bin with no problems. The two larger planes, it fit end-in, while on the smaller jet, it had to go sideways.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc