Hero 4 black won't power up

Reaction score
ive got a hero 4 black and after today's flight it won't power up. I tried a fully charged battery still nothing.
When you push the power button it gets as far as showing hero 4 on the lcd.
The red light does come on when you plug it in to charge.

If swapping out the battery doesn't work, I would jump on the GoPro support website (or Google) and search for your issue. If that doesn't work try GoPro support. I've had great results with their chat support.

I sent a e-mail to peauproductions..I bought it there.

I have to send it back....I didn't realize that it only had a 30 day warranty. ....
$20 to inspect, might be the sensor.. $40 for that.....I'm going to be over $1000 Cdn for the camera and I only got about 250 pictures/videos (95% were pictures) not too impressed to say the least.

I have to send it back....I didn't realize that it only had a 30 day warranty. ....
$20 to inspect, might be the sensor.. $40 for that.....I'm going to be over $1000 Cdn for the camera and I only got about 250 pictures/videos (95% were pictures) not too impressed to say the least.
The GoPro manufacturers warranty is 1 year for defects. 30 days no questions asked. (If you just don't like it).
Doesn't Peau honor the manufacturers warranty?

I bought mine at Best Buy and it malfunctioned after about 9 months. I contacted GoPro directly and they replaced it for free.

The GoPro manufacturers warranty is 1 year for defects. 30 days no questions asked. (If you just don't like it).
Doesn't Peau honor the manufacturers warranty?

I bought mine at Best Buy and it malfunctioned after about 9 months. I contacted GoPro directly and they replaced it for free.
They told me that there was only a 30 day warranty.....I'm going to mail it in today and see what is wrong with it.

A peau modification voids the manufacturer warranty - you've altered the base product.

One thing I didn't know that I just found out from Peau the other day on FB - if your solo crashes due to the fault of solo, and 3Dr replaces the gopro (along with solo)...Peau will also replace the lens on the new GP if it's within the Peau warranty period. They have a 30 day default warranty, and also a year upgrade for $50, but you have to purchase the year warranty at the time of the original lens purchase (or maybe within the original 30 day warranty - don't recall exactly)

Reactions: Maddog
A peau modification voids the manufacturer warranty - you've altered the base product.

One thing I didn't know that I just found out from Peau the other day on FB - if your solo crashes due to the fault of solo, and 3Dr replaces the gopro (along with solo)...Peau will also replace the lens on the new GP if it's within the Peau warranty period. They have a 30 day default warranty, and also a year upgrade for $50, but you have to purchase the year warranty at the time of the original lens purchase (or maybe within the original 30 day warranty - don't recall exactly)
Oh- I didn't realize that but it makes sense.
Apologies to Peau.:oops:

You have to purchase the extended 1 year warranty before the 30 day warranty expires. I thought the $50 cost was justified. Although it translated to nearly double that in Aussie dollars, but well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maddog
There is a defect with the GoPro Cameras (I know in the black it exists) that you have to watch out for. Well when I mean defect, it is the type of HDMI and I think the USB mini connectors that are used on the board inside the device. The main issue is that there is no rigid back pain on the back of the connector. So if you push the male adapter too hard into the camera, you may be pushing the pins off the board, causing various issues. something to be mindful of...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig