Hello All

Reaction score
I am another newbie. Our office has had this Solo sitting around unused for over a year. It was unboxed, charged up and flown behind the building and sat on a desk collecting dust. So I asked about flying it and it led me down the road to getting my FAA drone license and doing some test flights into trees. Nothing critical, but I purchased some more blades and here I am to learn heaps. I did read Stewart's intro and advice from the moderator. Now I am thinking I am down the rabbit hole after reading this: 3DR Solo - ArduCopter Master Upgrade — Copter documentation I will press on and do my homework before asking questions.

Reactions: Wetstone
Consider new GPS chip and Open Solo 4. You won’t be sorry.

Reactions: DougF
Consider new GPS chip and Open Solo 4. You won’t be sorry.
Thank you for the welcome. The "as-is" set up is frustrating and buggy. So I will search in the Forums for GPS chip and Open Solo 4. GOTTA BE BETTER! Especially since I do not have a gimbal yet.

hi
solo is awesome, learn as much as you can and like wetstone says, mro gps chip and i just installed open solo 4 but 3 worked Great
Thanks Offshore. I am getting a bit turned around with terminology, I will look for "mro gps chip" also.

Last edited:

mrobotics sell them. It is a replacement for the orginal solo gps board.

I have had no issues with the original GPS even flying in my backyard. The mro one is faster at finding satellites and will track more.
Thank you for unlocking that mystery for me. Much less expensive than the Green cube. Looks like the best choice for me. I appreciate it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc