Gopro hero 4 silver

Reaction score
I have a gopro hero 4 silver and it comes on and takes videos put i have nothing on my phone through the solo app or on the touch screen on the gopro
Thanks for your help

Im not sure if you have the same problem as I did but try turning on everything first before you connect your phone to the Solo app.

1. Controller
2. Solo
3. Camera
4. Connecting to the app should always be your last step

also, double check the hdmi cable, sometimes you'd think that its plugged in the camera but you can actually push a lot more.

Reactions: Indio and RDA
Here's a wild guess: Try a "camera reset" of your GoPro, as described on page 68 of the Hero 4 Silver User Manual. Don't worry, it's not a "factory reset". The current Date & Time settings are retained, as well as the camera’s name and wireless password, and remote control pairing. All other settings are reset to their default values. It's fast and easy to do, and can't harm anything, so it's worth a try.

Im not sure if you have the same problem as I did but try turning on everything first before you connect your phone to the Solo app.

1. Controller
2. Solo
3. Camera
4. Connecting to the app should always be your last step

also, double check the hdmi cable, sometimes you'd think that its plugged in the camera but you can actually push a lot more.
Hello: i've tried these settings sequence and the GoPro is recording vidoe beautifully...however, no video to either the Solo app or the sidePilot app. any thing else I can try. thanks again for your insight. INDIO

What firmware do you have on your GoPro? I had issues after I updated to firmware 5.0 so I reverted back to firmware 3.0 & it’s been great since.

I think I am having the same problem, I get the live video, I see it on my phone, but it won't record any video. Like I do the selfie or the orbit and it should record and you view it later, but nothing gets recorded. What do I do to fix this?

I think I am having the same problem, I get the live video, I see it on my phone, but it won't record any video. Like I do the selfie or the orbit and it should record and you view it later, but nothing gets recorded. What do I do to fix this?
If you are using the 3DR Solo app, BEFORE you start recording, tap the sliders icon immediately below the record button. This displays the "Camera Settings" screen. (If the "Camera Mode" screen gets displayed instead, tap the "Settings" button at the bottom). Now look at the bottom of the Camera Settings screen, and check whether the "Record during shots" option is turned on. If not, turn it on, and your problem will go away. But if it was already turned on, then something else is amiss. By the way, you should be able to just tap the Record button on the screen to start and stop recording at any time.

Oh, and it's polite to only put your problem in ONE thread, not 3. Members are very gracious aboout donating time to help with issues, please respect that and let them help others rather than reading repeatedly about the same thing. Thanks in advance.

If you are using the 3DR Solo app, BEFORE you start recording, tap the sliders icon immediately below the record button. This displays the "Camera Settings" screen. (If the "Camera Mode" screen gets displayed instead, tap the "Settings" button at the bottom). Now look at the bottom of the Camera Settings screen, and check whether the "Record during shots" option is turned on. If not, turn it on, and your problem will go away. But if it was already turned on, then something else is amiss. By the way, you should be able to just tap the Record button on the screen to start and stop recording at any time.

yes thats the app im using and that option is already on. also the camera mode is all darkend out but the last 3 options. the camera icon is not light up next to the phone icon which is light up and the camera one has a / threw it. which makes no sense since i see the live feed. I cant hit the big circle to record, it wont activate. any other info you need just ask.

Oh, and it's polite to only put your problem in ONE thread, not 3. Members are very gracious aboout donating time to help with issues, please respect that and let them help others rather than reading repeatedly about the same thing. Thanks in advance.
ok sorry

... any other info you need just ask.
In "Camera Settings", which "GoPro Model" have you selected? Does it match your actual GoPro model? (If you answered that already, sorry... I'm having trouble following what you're saying). Exactly which options do you see in the "Camera Mode" screen, and which option have you selected?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela