Gopro hero 3

Now I am looking for a Hero 4...,?
You can still find decent prices on the 3+Black, but you have to make sure it is the 3+ model. It probably won't be too much more to spring for the Hero 4 Silver, which many on here use. I got mine at Costco when they were on sale. Do some checking before jumping.

Now I am looking for a Hero 4...,?
Yep... use your 3 on your bike, your vehicle, whatever. AND you may as well get an H4B and don't update the firmware until you've researched the ramifications. Research is your friend.

Just got a Solo. Found GH3+ Silver refurb cheap and just discovered the issues with the 3+ Silver. Has the issues been resolved or folks sticking with the 2.0 firmware for the H3+ silver?

Just got a Solo. Found GH3+ Silver refurb cheap and just discovered the issues with the 3+ Silver. Has the issues been resolved or folks sticking with the 2.0 firmware for the H3+ silver?
The issues have not been resolved, nor will they be resolved. There will more than likely be no more GoPro updates for the Hero 3 series. You will either need to go with a 3+ Black, or do the smarter thing, and get a 4 Silver or Black.

Reactions: SARDG
The issues have not been resolved, nor will they be resolved. There will more than likely be no more GoPro updates for the Hero 3 series. You will either need to go with a 3+ Black, or do the smarter thing, and get a 4 Silver or Black.
Thank you very much for you fast reply. Kinda' had that feeling. I think I will return it and get the 4 black.

Thank you very much for you fast reply. Kinda' had that feeling. I think I will return it and get the 4 black.
That would be the best choice available for you at this time. Also remember to download the manual, if you haven't already. Most of your questions can be answered with it or the search function on here. Good luck, and fly safe.

I have a gopro3 white (not a plus) and couldn't get feed but I followed some info I found on this site to change the firmware to an older version and sure enough, I got feed. I flew for the first time today and first time to fly anything lol! Love it!

I have a gopro3 white (not a plus) and couldn't get feed but I followed some info I found on this site to change the firmware to an older version and sure enough, I got feed. I flew for the first time today and first time to fly anything lol! Love it!
Welcome, Jeff. Just remember that video feed is all you will get with that camera. To get camera functions you will need to upgrade the camera to a 3+Black, or the Hero 4 Silver or Black.

OK, so I had feed for about 40 minutes of flight on Saturday and it was still working on Sunday and then lost video feed. I checked everything out that I knew of and then decided to look at the firmware on the camera again and it had went back to the original firmware.......could it have somehow automatically updated? I cant imagine how because I had the wifi turned off? I did turn on the wifi at some point to access the camera through my gopro app on my phone so maybe that app pushed an update? Anyway, I went through the procedure of changing the firmware again and I got my live feed back. I plan to go ahead and change to a gopro 4 for full camera use.

..decided to look at the firmware on the camera again and it had went back to the original firmware.......could it have somehow automatically updated? I cant imagine how because I had the wifi turned off? I did turn on the wifi at some point to access the camera through my gopro app on my phone so maybe that app pushed an update? Anyway, I went through the procedure of changing the firmware again and I got my live feed back. I plan to go ahead and change to a gopro 4 for full camera use.
Each time you connect to the GP App it looks at the camera(s) and if an FW update is needed, it will (as I remember) have a blue lower bar strongly suggesting that you update. Has to be bypassed each time you connect - have never seen it push an update without user approval. I suspect that in your haste one day, you approved the update. I never have updated from v3 on my three H4Bs and the app continues to insult my sensibilities each time I connect to the GP App.

Ok 1 question .. I HAVE THE GOPRO HERO 3+ BUT IS SILVER IS SUPOSE TO WORK WITH THE 3DR SOLO ?

Hero 3+ Silver: You'll get live video feed, but you'll have no remote control of the camera's functions, so to record video you'll have to start recording by manually pressing the button on the camera before takeoff, and record nonstop throughout the entire flight. Remote control of the camera's functions is only supported by the Hero 3+ Black and Hero 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela