GoPro 3+ GoPro 4

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the Solo game, so I've been doing a lot of watching YouTube videos but I still don't have a clear answer about the GoPro.. im currently waiting for my gimbal to come in and trying to find a GoPro that will give me the best functionality. Should I continue to look for GP 4 or can I settle for. 3+???

The 4 has better specs.
In 4k the 3 tops out at 15fps while the 4 does 30fps.
In 1080 the 3 does up to 60fps and the 4 does up to 120fps (better for slo-motion)
The 3 should be enough if you mainly plan to shoot in 1080.
They both work with the Solo. Me personally, I'd pay a little more for the hero4 since it's not as old as the 3.

The 4 has better specs.
In 1080 the 3 does up to 60fps and the 4 does up to 120fps (better for slo-motion)
They both work with the Solo. Me personally, I'd pay a little more for the hero4 since it's not as old as the 3.
Thanks I figure I go for the better quality. I'll be shooting football games at first

The 4 has better specs.

Only the Hero 4 Black can do 4K at 30fps. The Hero 4 Silver (which is what I have) only does 4K at 15fps.

Also, the Hero 4 Black can do 1080 at 120fps, but the Hero 4 Silver only goes up to 60fps in 1080 mode.

Finally, there are also two different Hero 3+ models, the Silver and Black. Only the 3+ Black can be remotely controlled by a Solo pilot; the 3+ Silver streams live video and records fine, but cannot be controlled remotely, so do NOT even think about getting a 3+ Silver.

Yea forgot to specify I was referring to the 'black' versions of both but thanks for your thorough input

We we're buying new in the box H4Bs for South of $150 just a few months ago. With H7's release the H4 is now 3 Gs back. Set you sights on the H4B. At this point the price for "vintage" GPs is going to be very constant between generations.

For dirt cheap folks will buy a new Chinacom knockoff which even more lessons the value of the old Heros. Following this mentality don't even consider a H3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela