Good News For 333 Exemption Holders.

I found it interesting they refer to the distance as Nautical Miles, but yet every one loosely uses the term Miles as the same...did a quick calc... 5NM = 5.7539 Miles. I assume the GEO fencing being implemented by others would be NM. Quite a difference is distance.

But sure the 200 foot additional clearance space will be welcome for so many applications. Thanks for the link....

Will the 333 Exemption always require a pilot in command?
Not sure how anyone would know 'Always'. Right now it does but that requirement is under review. I could see something coming that would be between a pilots license and a drivers license.

The pilot requirement for multi rotors has got to go. Personally, I believe it's a stifling policy in the US. It stifles innovation. It stifles adoption in the enterprise. It's stifles research and development.

Even academic research falls under commercial use, or more accurately non-hobbyist.

I'm all for requiring commercial drone pilots to pass some kind of test to establish that they understand the national air space, but Europe, Asia, and pretty much the rest of the world don't have these restritictions. It has hurt 3DR indirectly (or perhaps directly).

Reactions: RichWest
but Europe, Asia, and pretty much the rest of the world don't have these restritictions.
US is the only country with airspace regs? Don't think so.
I agree that a Pilot's License is too much and a simple online test is not enough (no way to verify who is taking it).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44