Gimbal available at Frys

JLJ

Reaction score
Hello, according to the web site the gimbal is available in the Tempe, AZ 2300 West Baseline Road for pick up. if anyone is in the area and would buy 2, I can send paypal right away if anyone would get one for me.

Thank You

See MadDog's comment in this thread. If the reviews for that particular store are accurate, it's not a very competent operation.

>>>>
For what it's worth:

This past Sunday I went to the Frys in Phoenix, AZ. I spoke to the store manager who said they have no idea when they (all of Frys) will receive gimbals.
<<<<<

See MadDog's comment in this thread. If the reviews for that particular store are accurate, it's not a very competent operation.

>>>>
For what it's worth:

This past Sunday I went to the Frys in Phoenix, AZ. I spoke to the store manager who said they have no idea when they (all of Frys) will receive gimbals.
<<<<<
Yahh. I don't know right now, but the other day I called them and though it said they did, they didn't.

I saw that on Frys website too. I went there today (9-9-15) but they had none in the store. They could not explain why the website said they did.
For some reason, you cannot actually talk to anyone in the store by phone. Stupid policy.

Uhmmm yes, page did say they had it in stock.

Hey guys, just came across this post and thought I would sign up to this forum. First post. I work for the company Expert Drones, we will have the Gimbals in stock very soon at the new retail location we are opening this Tuesday (Sep 15th), in the Scottsdale Fashion Square mall. We are just waiting on the gimbals to ship from our Washington DC location. We also will have the Solo on display there, come check us out if you have time. www.expertdrones.com. Let us know if we can be of service.

Hi, we will be located in the Food Court area, lower level, in front of Brookstone. I think Tuesday will likely be a too soon for us to receive them based on what the Expert Drones D.C. corporate office is telling me. We had a large order in with 3DR based on a ton of our customers pre-ordering the Solo's with Gimbal, so they are getting first dibs with shipments. 3DR just recently started distributing the gimbals to their few authorized dealers, which includes us. So we should see a shipment come out to our Scottsdale location very soon, I just don't want to give you a firm date because I don't know the exact date they are arriving here. I can shoot you guys a note on this forum when they officially arrive though! Our contact info for Scottsdale is also on the Expert Drones "about us" page if you need to reach out also. Thanks

I live across the country but thanks for the honest answer not a hope or dream of when they'll show. Good luck with the new shop, hope you all do well. At least this is confirming some retailers have Some in then.

Velcov, did you need any extra sugar with that Kool-aid?
Do you really think a mall kiosk in Scottsdale is going to get the drop on merchandise before months old back orders at BH, Best Buy, and Frys?

Velcov, did you need any extra sugar with that Kool-aid?
Do you really think a mall kiosk in Scottsdale is going to get the drop on merchandise before months old back orders at BH, Best Buy, and Frys?
Man hate to say it but here in 3dr fantasy land it very well could happen. I'd bet I could order one tomorrow and get it before the one I ordered last month with how things are going. Seems that order or making sense is very low on the reasons for who gets what.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Sheehan, but we get the same allocation priority as Best Buy and Fry's, you can see us on the same small list of U.S. Authorized Dealers here with the big guys: Solo Authorized Resellers | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology. All of 3DR's Solo's are distributed through the same organization, which is what makes 3DR better than a lot of the other competing manufacturers and most if not all dealers go through the same 3DR rep. It's just a matter of the Expert Drones HQ getting them down to our location, but thanks for speaking to things of which you do not know. Happy flying!

Reactions: Maddog
Agreed, I RMA-ed mine within hours of install. Hate to see someone else with hopes up and encourage others for same.

Post a picture if it comes true, good luck. I hope you prove me wrong, I've got 20 friends in Phoenix that will see you at opening. Someone who has been riding this train for the past 120 days knows what to expect from 3DR. By my calculation, the same priority allocation of BB and Frys of gimbals will be 0.

I stopped at that Fry's yesterday and the guy told me the one that they had in stock was purchased and then returned because it was faulty. Apparently they were supposed to receive 12 Gimbals on August 13th but obviously that date has come and gone and there has been no communication on when they will be receiving their shipment
Im in no rush to get mine until they figure out a better hdmi cable solution and get the thing working 100% as advertised.

Reactions: Maddog and prowler9
I stopped at that Fry's yesterday and the guy told me the one that they had in stock was purchased and then returned because it was faulty. Apparently they were supposed to receive 12 Gimbals on August 13th but obviously that date has come and gone and there has been no communication on when they will be receiving their shipment
Im in no rush to get mine until they figure out a better hdmi cable solution and get the thing working 100% as advertised.

Ditto..which Fry's- Thunderbird or Baseline?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44