Free way to balance props

Reaction score
Free and accurate way to balance props using a standard balancer and drill. Hope it helps.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah I would just get the bar for these props and balance them before trying to drill holes.....your angle might be wrong and then your propeller is done.

Well they will but since you're taking weight from the hub, now that has to be balanced as well. Props and hubs need balancing

Free and accurate way to balance props using a standard balancer and drill. Hope it helps.
Six,

I posted a video conversation about this as well. I haven't tried yet but my plan was to use a press to drill the hole. Did you drill it out be hand? I bet you could get close enough that way. Anyway I would appreciate some more details about how you drilled the hole, how you balanced the prop, what you noticed after balancing, and any issues you encountered. Thanks

Well they will but since you're taking weight from the hub, now that has to be balanced as well. Props and hubs need balancing
You may be right.... But Center is the lease problematic place for Vibration? maybe?
The farther out from center the more any difference can be tested. I seen some video on balancing the hub?, you know how to?

what i learned (and i could be wrong) based on videos is, when balancing the prop, is that when the prop is pointing up, then you balance the props themselves...but when it sticks in an angle on either side, its the hub that needs balancing. some people sand down, others use the tape method.

what i ended up doing was getting the rod that fits the solo for 10 bucks on amazon. used it to balance hub and props. but to each their own. i would just be afraid of this drilling. if not aligned , you can go in on a skew and have to balance the hub as well.

as for @David Baldovin , i would think that if the press is centered well and leveled, you could achieve a better result in drilling the hole, provided that your prop is secure and leveled and centered

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny