Fractured Body Repair

Reaction score
It happened, I crashed pretty good, hitting an obstacle and falling about 50 feet to the ground, everything seems operational, however a huge fracture in the body itself.

Can anyone recommend a good adhesive, (super super super) glue to try to mend the gap?
I've got to compress the arms on one side to keep the gap closed.

Any methods to fix this appreciated, fractured brain = fractured copter.fractured.jpg

Whatever adhesive you go with, be sure it is for plastics. I would use an epoxy, something you need to mix first. I've never had much luck on plastics with the Super Glue type products.

Just a guess never tried. I have worked with Bondo Fiber Glass a lot over the years. It may be the only way to spread the stress over the frame. Using a glue over the crack may work initially but over time will most likely crack again. YouTube has lots of videos on Bondo repair. You would have to tear it down for the repair to succeed.

I've had good results using plastic epoxy putty to mend similar things. You can probably use a 2-part resin to mend the fracture and then a 1/2-3/4" wide (but thin) patch of putty on the inside to back it up.

Whatever glue you use, I recommend practicing how you will hold the joint closed before you actually apply glue. Electrical tape wrapped between the arms several times will probably work.

Search Amazon for plastic epoxies and putties.

I would use something like Goop and a backing plate behind it. Definitely not super glue. I think something softer would be better than something brittle. Use some small machine screws to hold the plate.

Nice crack! Maybe some JB weld for the repair.

Check out Sugru as well. I've used it for several repairs and the stuff is magic! I'm not positive it's the best option for this repair, but it's worth a look. I've seen it at Target and Lowe's as well as online now.

I would email 3dr and see if you can some how purchase a housing for it. Would be much better then glue!! If they don't have any to sell at the moment it might be good to wail until they do. Not work messing up the boards inside solo.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks