For those using Nexus 7 (2013)

Reaction score
Quick question for this using the Nexus 7 (2013).

Decided to order myself one. See that it comes with android operating system Lolly Pop. I'm curious if it's recommended to leave as is or update to the latest. I've seen hacks online for updating to newer OS'.

Thanks for the reply.

Quick question for this using the Nexus 7 (2013).

Decided to order myself one. See that it comes with android operating system Lolly Pop. I'm curious if it's recommended to leave as is or update to the latest. I've seen hacks online for updating to newer OS'.

Thanks for the reply.
Mine has version 5.0.2 and it runs Solo and Tower fine. I am not going to update it as Android devices have been notorious for having problems with Solo app, etc.

Updates have been known to cause problems for Solo related apps.

If it ain't broke, don't mess with it!

That is not lollipop which you mentioned in your 1st post.

If it works after you receive it, update at your own risk.:cool:

After reading I think that would be Jelly Bean? I'm new to android. Been messing around with a Samsung Galaxy tab 4. But I borrowed that from work and I'll have to take back. I like my iPad mini, but liked the Samsung as well. So why not both? Also just figured out how to use my iPhone as a hot spot and connect the android device via blue tooth, so I'd be able to update maps in the field (as long as my phone has service).

Reactions: Maddog
Mine has version 5.0.2 and it runs Solo and Tower fine. I am not going to update it as Android devices have been notorious for having problems with Solo app, etc.

Updates have been known to cause problems for Solo related apps.

If it ain't broke, don't mess with it!
Not true really. You should always update the Android OS when offered as it not only includes known bug fixes, it generally also includes improvements in speed and efficiency. In particular, Nexus devices as they are pure Android and do not have a skin over the OS as most other manufacturers have. I have been using the NExus 7 (2013) since June when I received my Solo. It has upgraded it self 2 or 3 times since then and is currently running the latest which is 6.01. No problems with Tower, Solo or any other apps.

Reactions: Maddog
agreed, I keep a phone not updated for that purpose but one of the main reasons to go Nexus is because they keep it up to date

I am currently using the iphone 6 plus and I have considered getting a Nexus 7 (2013) as a dedicated tablet that can use Tower. Other than Tower and having to upload cached maps on the Nexus 7, what are the advantages/disadvantages Nexus 7 vs iphone?

Not true really. You should always update the Android OS when offered as it not only includes known bug fixes, it generally also includes improvements in speed and efficiency. In particular, Nexus devices as they are pure Android and do not have a skin over the OS as most other manufacturers have. I have been using the NExus 7 (2013) since June when I received my Solo. It has upgraded it self 2 or 3 times since then and is currently running the latest which is 6.01. No problems with Tower, Solo or any other apps.
Thanks! I too am new to Android and have apparently been listening to some bad info!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks