Flight times

Reaction score
What kind of flight times are you guys getting on average? The majority of my flying is just playing around/ practicing, not really trying to film anything in particular, altitudes range from 150-370 feet agl (add 350 for sea level). I keep it in "fly" mode. I have three batteries and generally get around 10-12 minutes with camera and gimbal running, I haven't noticed a battery to battery difference. Is that about right? Seems short to me.

That is a great times for that much remaining,I try for 10% at touchdown, gives me 12 to 13 Mins.

Reactions: Redcon1
Redcon1, I get exactly the same times as you while also landing in the 25% to 30% range.

10-14 minutes with a gimbal and GoPro and with "real flying". I mean some hovering, some full right stick forward backwards, left and right, changing altitude, panning ,camera gimbal tilt being used several times during the flight, is just about average when landing with 15-20% left in the battery.
If you want the full 20 minutes of advertised flight time, remove the gimbal and camera, don't do much hovering (it eats the battery the most) fly with right stick fully forward or backwards during the flight and you most likely get the full factory advertised flight time. But in the real world 10-14 minutes is realistic with a good battery.

I had 3 batteries from original purchase in 2015. these three batteries only get 10-12 minutes. I purchased 3 new batteries a few weeks ago and get around 18 minutes from each. These batteries do not last very long and I don't do a lot of flying so over use is not the problem. I would be very interested in knowing if there is some way to reset these "smart batteries" to their original capacity. Also is anyone working on getting 25-30 minutes flight out of the Solo?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle