First Flight

Reaction score
After debating with my self for ages whether to get the solo or the phantom i and went out this morning and bought the Solo. I got the solo, gimbal, extra battery and gopro hero 4 black.

Back home and start charging everything while i install the Gimbal. Once everything was charged i went off to an open field. All the Solo's setting were on the factory defaults. The quad is quite docile and easy to fly in this configuration. I tried out some of the smart shots and they all seamed to work.

I had some issues with the gopro, and accessing the settings from the app, but i think i have it sorted out now, I've updated the go pro and found a the recommended start up sequence in the faq section here.

The only question i have with regard to the go pro is, i can't access the white balance and iso from the solo app is this normal or am i missing something.

I am using an iPhone 6+ with the solo. As many solo owners have discovered its slightly too large for the solo's device holder. My work around is to orientate the device holder vertically then place the iPhone into it horizontally. I then place the thick part of the gimbal saver between the iPhone and the bracket. This seems tho keep the phone firmly in place, and has the added advantage of reminding me to remove the gimbal saver.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso