First Flight BB Solo

Reaction score
Had my first flight with Solo. It was fun, and my 9 year old was impressed, at least.

I only have the P4 to compare, and Solo is louder and doesn't look as smooth, but it was fun. I kept it pretty close, but it ran out of range sooner than I expected.

The biggest thing I saw was a loss of GPS mode (going into Manual) with 11 satellites showing visible. I have read about the Rev A and B stuff, and it sure seems real. (This one has the green board.)

No Go Pro yet. I bought this purely to get stick time at home, so it isn't critical for me. Right now, I am one of the few that don't see this simply as a flying camera. Someday, there will be a GoPro gathering dust that someone wants to sell cheap!

Perhaps my biggest concern is that the batteries have been sitting around for a year to a year and a half, respectively. Be interesting to see how they last.

Apparently if the batteries are correctly stored with a 50% charge they hold up very well in longer term storage with little depreciation in performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44