First customer flight.

oh wow... this got me... very excited

BUT what about the footage from the Solo!!! jeez!

oh wow... this got me... very excited

BUT what about the footage from the Solo!!! jeez!

haha for reals!! where is the footage??... no ones cares what it looks like in flight, we have already seen it in action. we just want the see the gimbal-less footage lol

Please let us know how well Orbit and Cable Cam work? I am curious if it is as controllable as it claims... of course you can't pitch the camera angle without a gimbal. Just want to know if they are as easy to set as claimed

I would not think a selfie and some other things will work as there is no way to point the gimbal down.

Could be wrong but I am sure at least part of the functionality wont work.

Reactions: TaniaGail
I don't think many people will want to post shaky footage until they have gimbals for fear of being called a crappy pilot or having crappy hardware or something...

Reactions: TaniaGail
I would not think a selfie and some other things will work as there is no way to point the gimbal down.

Could be wrong but I am sure at least part of the functionality wont work.

I would be more inclined to assume that the selfie function as well as the orbit function would work using GPS rather than the gopro camera. I imagine it sets a gps point and zooms away and returns from that point.

I would be more inclined to assume that the selfie function as well as the orbit function would work using GPS rather than the gopro camera. I imagine it sets a gps point and zooms away and returns from that point.

I am sure it does work from GPS. However the camera is pointing straight forward and when you do a selfie as the bird raises in altitude you are going to drop off the bottom of the shot. All these advanced shots take advantage of all these axis including gimbal tilt.

It would be no different than raising a 35mm camera 50' off the ground but keeping it perfectly horizontal. Hard to frame your shot with a camera you cant point.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

At the end of this video he shows the footage from the GoPro on a gimble-less Solo

This went up today. It's footage taken with an older gimbal, apparently. Not too bad.

Reactions: MGOSAN

This went up today. It's footage taken with an older gimbal, apparently. Not too bad.

Not bad at all! Does this mean the older Tarot gimbals are compatible with the SOLO? That would be cool. I wonder if it also means that the new generation of SOLO Gimbals are even better!

I hope the gimbal comes soon. Looking at the fixed mount footage I am afraid my Hero4 with 5.4 lens is going to look awful. Pretty jittery as expected double that with the custom lens and going to be hard to watch.

I just want to clear the air before anyone makes any assumptions. This video is OLD it was taken with a pre-production Solo and a prototype gimbal.

From the person that uploaded it on YouTube:
Nick Speal 11 hours ago
This footage was recorded a little while ago on early hardware and before the most recent tune. Even though it's quite stable here, it is much more stable on newer hardware and software. I just wanted to get some early footage out there for you all to see

Yea I understood that :)

My comments were based on the fixed mount. I am sure the gimbal will be fine. Just wont be able to do any video work with the fixed mount is all.

Have seen lots worse....

Hi Barry,

Since it's obvious you already have a flying unit, can you tell me this ...

I don't yet have a Solo but am looking to buy one.

My question - If I've lost sight of the Solo while flying it and would like to fly it back to me rather than use the 'Return to Home' feature, does the pilot app give me the two pieces of info I need, which are 1) which way the nose of the copter is facing and 2) my location (or 'home' location) relative to the Solo on the map?

Thanks, Gary

Last edited:
Reactions: 147-Aerial Imaging

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela