Failed Batteries

Reaction score
I'm not sure if that's even the right title for them, but I've got four that I stopped using because I had multiple instances where they lost power very quickly. Two of them did this while in warranty and 3DR sent replacement batteries. They still turn on and power Solo but I stopped using them. I recently sold all my Solo gear and was wondering if these have any value and I could post them in the classified section. I meant to try a calibration on them but never got to it and even if I did and it solved the problem, I wouldn't feel comfortable selling them to someone.

It's highly unlikely calibration will restore meaningful capacity. One or more bad cells cause this. It will appear fully charged but 1 or more cells drop dramatically faster than the rest. So all of a sudden you go from full to oh crap. Their only useful purpose is powering the solo while sitting on a table tinkering with things. I have numerous that I put a big X on and only use while I need bench power. Pretty useless otherwise unfortunately.

It's highly unlikely calibration will restore meaningful capacity. One or more bad cells cause this. It will appear fully charged but 1 or more cells drop dramatically faster than the rest. So all of a sudden you go from full to oh crap. Their only useful purpose is powering the solo while sitting on a table tinkering with things. I have numerous that I put a big X on and only use while I need bench power. Pretty useless otherwise unfortunately.
Good to know. I'll plan on disposing of them properly.

Ooo....misuderstood didn't know they were failed batteries. I have 2 failed ones myself + 8 good ones

How much are you wanting for the batteries? I know they aren’t good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc