Factory Reset (Brick)

Del

Reaction score
Iv read some people getting a Brick Solo after attempting a Factory Reset!
Iv never had to do it yet on my Solo..And what Iv read.. I hope I never have to..
But very curious about learning this hole process and have a few questions!

Why would someone get Brick and the cause ? Would it be because it was not done in the matter that it was supposed to be done?

If your Solo was Brick....can someone still be able to Un-Brick the Solo some how by doing some sort of procedure or are you screwed and have to RMA?

And Also read that a Factory Reset should only be done as a Last Resort ..and advised with the help of Tec support !

Factory Reset | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

Curios too if anyone knows if it's being done incorrectly to cause the solo brick or if it's just a hit or miss thing?

I've had issues since doing mine, but thank god it's still functioning. Any info that's reliable greatly appreciated.

Curios too if anyone knows if it's being done incorrectly to cause the solo brick or if it's just a hit or miss thing?

I've had issues since doing mine, but thank god it's still functioning. Any info that's reliable greatly appreciated.

That's for sure ...this is one area that I'm not to familiar with and would love to learn more about it just in case I ever had to get to that point!

Del,

A bit off topic but where did you mount your Marco Polo? I've got that system for my Phantoms as well but wasn't sure where to mount it on the Solo.

Thanks,

Jerry

Del,

A bit off topic but where did you mount your Marco Polo? I've got that system for my Phantoms as well but wasn't sure where to mount it on the Solo.

Thanks,

Jerry
I put it underneath and wraped little bit of Bubble Wrap around it and a small Twist Tie...And it dosint seem to affect the solo performance in anyway ..so I think I have it in the right spot!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    976.7 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    975.9 KB · Views: 28
I put it underneath and wraped little bit of Bubble Wrap around it and a small Twist Tie...And it dosint seem to affect the solo performance in anyway ..so I think I have it in the right spot!
Is that Marco Polo system fragile or is the wrap for other reasons, I haven't had a chance to get a tracker yet.

That's for sure ...this is one area that I'm not to familiar with and would love to learn more about it just in case I ever had to get to that point!
There were a few back when we all started getting our Solo's that bricked there's by doing a reset. If I'm not mistaken I think McCabe was one of them. I guess it was widespread enough because 3DR support put out a statement that said to contact them before you do the factory reset. Maybe it was a bug that has since been corrected...not sure. Back then, once bricked initiated the RMA process. I think it's a matter of the boot loader getting corrupted.
So, I'm just a little leery about going that route.

Last edited:
Reactions: Del
It's pretty protect on its own! I just put the bubble wrap to take most of the impact from tightness of the ZipTie..! You could probably get away with out the Bubble wrap...I just do it for preference :)

That's what happened to mine and I had to exchange for a new one! I was on the phone with tech support this morning and he was walking me through the process. After a few failed attempts he told me I had to get a new solo as I won't be able to use the old one anymore. Nothing more was said but what I think may cause it is if you hold the pairing button on the bottom of the solo for too long it may brick the solo. Not 100% but that's my shotgun theory anyways as it was fine before than and after tech support had me hold the pairing button he kind of went silent then next thing he said was I had to return it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M