Drowned Bird

Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions on what ro do with a Solo that went into a lake unpowered with a gimbal and GoPro? The battery was warm when I fished it out 2 hours later. I have not powered it up.

Blow out the components with compressed air, get a 5 pound bag of white rice, start dismantling and put all in the rice. This should be done immediately after the event. Wait three days and pull everything out and blow with compressed air and reassemble.

Good Luck.

I have had good luck by soaking everything in a bowl of alchohol, displacing the water and then evaporate with a blow dryer and sunshine.

The alcohol procedure has worked for me on smartphones dropped in water. Good luck!

Naw. You're screwed, man. The battery is what screws you. Actually, screws the solo, but same thing. The electricity flows and the water causes it to short out. It sux, for sure. There's a battery in the GPS assembly as well. Not to mention the battery in the GoPro, too. Sorry for the reality poat. Perhaps you'll do much better than I have done when my solo's have taken baths.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo