Dronefly got their Gimble

Retailer DroneFly got their Gimbal

Excuse the spelling in the title darn auto correct on IPhone !

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Woo hoo. That is where gimbal #2 is coming from for me. I may have two birds with gimbals when I get back!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1264_Solo
Good now I may get the rest of my order also along with the gimbal!! :)

hello dronefly can you do a fly test and share us hows the video stabilzation.

Very cool. Looks like my guess about the existing HDMI plugging into the base of Gimbal was correct.

Looks great.

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
Except I was not expecting them to use the HDMI port on SOLO. I would assume that video is available on the Hero Port on back. Maybe its not 720. Any know the GoPro Spec?

Very cool. Looks like my guess about the existing HDMI plugging into the base of Gimbal was correct.

Looks great.
Im getting mines on monday @rrmccabe and remember what we chat about the fpvlr actullay they are deffective i switch my solo for another new one and stills the same range and RtH like we discuss so i spoke to tony and monday im shipping it back to get a replace thanks to @pvflr who does make sure a client always leaves a happy flying path for the future

Im getting mines on monday @rrmccabe and remember what we chat about the fpvlr actullay they are deffective i switch my solo for another new one and stills the same range and RtH like we discuss so i spoke to tony and monday im shipping it back to get a replace thanks to @pvflr who does make sure a client always leaves a happy flying path for the future
Sorry i mean @FPVLR tony hahaha

Tony has always been responsive with me about stuff. I am sure he will get you fixed up.

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
in thvideo from
Except I was not expecting them to use the HDMI port on SOLO. I would assume that video is available on the Hero Port on back. Maybe its not 720. Any know the GoPro Spec?
Hey Rich
My understanding is that the video out via the GoPro Hero Bus is 720p component analog which requires a lot of additional conversion processing by solo and the device running the solo app to display. Going that route also adds latency to the video signal. 3DR's implementation using the HDMI out on the side of the GoPro to their own dedicated HDMI signal processing board in solo and in the solo TX allows the solo app to display FPV video on mobile hardware that otherwise would not be feasible with far less latency than using the analog video feed from GoPro Hero Bus. The micro-HDMI cable implementation also makes It easier for third party OEMs to integrate their gimbals /cameras to solo..

Last edited:
Thanks @Retired2Fly. Makes sense.

Appreciate for the update. Very exciting to see it hit the states. I can't wait to see some cable same shots as that has always been the thing that has interested me the most.

Kinda knew the dealers were getting them too. Awesome!

Still using the HDMI cable for connection to the gimbal...pass through to camera.

Did they get production units? I was there a couple weeks ago, they had a prototype laying around, but Frank (owner) said it would be a little while before they got any in to sell.

Did they get production units? I was there a couple weeks ago, they had a prototype laying around, but Frank (owner) said it would be a little while before they got any in to sell.
Good question....let's hope it's a production unit and they received bunches to ship out to customers on Monday....:D
Wishful thinking!

Reactions: Jacob
The solo gimbal shown in the video is the production gimbal. The easiest way to tell the difference is that the production gimbal has a wider vertical mast vs the original pre-production units.

in thvideo from
Hey Rich
My understanding is that the video out via the GoPro Hero Bus is 720p component analog which requires a lot of additional conversion processing by solo and the device running the solo app to display. Going that route also adds latency to the video signal. 3DR's implementation using the HDMI out on the side of the GoPro to their own dedicated HDMI signal processing board in solo and in the solo TX allows the solo app to display FPV video on mobile hardware that otherwise would not be feasible with far less latency than using the analog video feed from GoPro Hero Bus. The micro-HDMI cable implementation also makes It easier for third party OEMs to integrate their gimbals /cameras to solo..
It also makes it easier to use other cameras :)

in thvideo from
Hey Rich
Well that makes sense then. @rrmccabe and I had discussed this and I did not understand why they would use a separate video out when the Hero bus also has video out. When I was flying the TBS Discovery Pro, they used just the Hero bus connector for video out and charging the GoPro. But from there is went direct to the Video Tx which could then be viewed on monitor/goggles. But I did not realize it would have a negative effect when going through software on the receiving end. You were right Rich..

Reactions: rrmccabe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44