Drone lost in the long pasture.

Reaction score
Hello friends,

Sadly I've to tell you that today I lost my 3DR drone, I was flying and made a bad maneuver and fell, the problem is that it was on a very long and leafy pasture, and I was around 2 or 3 hours walking through the sector without achieving find it, and I really think that it'll be very difficult for it to do it since in the place there is really too much and long grass about 2 meters high.
Does anyone know what can be done in this case? Is there any way to get the latest GPS position of the drone?

Well friends, any advice will be very helpful.

Thank you very much

It's a pity you lost your solo in the long grass, otherwise you could use it to fly about the long grass to look for the solo ..... ohhhh... that's one of them pair-o-ducks things, isn't it....

Reactions: 3/27 Wolfhound
Hello friends,

Sadly I've to tell you that today I lost my 3DR drone, I was flying and made a bad maneuver and fell, the problem is that it was on a very long and leafy pasture, and I was around 2 or 3 hours walking through the sector without achieving find it, and I really think that it'll be very difficult for it to do it since in the place there is really too much and long grass about 2 meters high.
Does anyone know what can be done in this case? Is there any way to get the latest GPS position of the drone?

Well friends, any advice will be very helpful.

Thank you very much

If you use Solex it can show you the location.

Otherwise, download the solo tlog files from your controller and use an application such as Mission Planner to see where the flight path ends.

Don't give up hope! And when you find it, you'll really want to get a Navigation Strobe. It really lowers the "pucker factor" when your way out of sight of your main gimbal bird, you can clearly see the strobe!
Good luck and keep us posted [emoji94]

Reactions: magatoVolador
While it was still on doesn't the Solo app or Solex show the altitude and distance from the controller? Theoretically, if you walked toward the Solo wouldn't the distance get smaller and smaller until you got close enough to locate it? Or does the controller only measure those distances from where the Solo originally took off from?

Hope you find it. Then... google 'marco polo tracking' and get yourself one. I don't leave the ground without it.

Hope you find it. Then... google 'marco polo tracking' and get yourself one. I don't leave the ground without it.

T-Bird, thanks for the Marco Polo reference - hadn't heard of that before, now a must have!

yeah, it helps adding extra gps tracker on your drone but i use a different drone tracker, yet it is still light :)

just googled marco polo... looks a little bigger. isn't there a tiny tracker that's suitable for drones?

Another thread is talking about Trackimo. Cheaper than MPolo.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I used this method to locate my Solo in a crop field 48 hours after I lost it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421