Dreaded cannot update .

Reaction score
I had my 3dr in storage for 4 years . Took one out did all the updates using my iPhone 6 worked fine . Went to fly it the next day hooked up great in the house went outsid and it would not hook up to the internet off my phone . Factory reset everything and it won’t hookup . I have two transmitters tried both . Tried the app on my iPad and another iPhone it refuses to hook up to sololink . I get the message on my phone that it hooked up but then it shows no internet connection which is normal but the app can not connect . Tried taking out the battery no dice . Is pulling the sd card in the transmitter the next step . Why did It work initially and now doesn’t work on either transmitter . You may see all my gear for sale soon tired of this issue .

Get rid of any VPN connection from your devices. That was my problem on two different devices.

My VPN-affected devices were androids. My IOS devices worked with both Sidepilot and Qgroundcontrol. VPN was not on those devices. Have you tried either of those apps to connect?

the problem is i did a factory reset so i dont think i can connect to anything unless i can update . i cant update becaue i cannot connect to the 3dr app with sololink

Reactions: Alex_K26
...went outsid and it would not hook up to the internet off my phone...

Did you mean that it would not connect to the controller wifi? And that's why you did the FR?

Just want to make sure I understand the problem.

Did you try holding the pairing button underneath?

yes i was reading all the threads on how to fix this and i decided to do a factory reset . when you reset it wants you to update but you cant update unless you can hook up to wifi sololink . lots of people get stuck on this apperently .

Reactions: Alex_K26
So you've factory reset your drone and controller and now your controller is reading "Preflight Update Required". Right?
So realize how the connections work. Your phone connects to your controller, your controller connects to the drone. That's the only combination of connections, at no point does your drone connect to your phone.

Trying to make sense of what you wrote now:

Went to fly it the next day hooked up great in the house went outsid and it would not hook up to the internet off my phone .
Do you mean to say you were getting a message on your phone saying "No Internet Access"? If so, that is completely normal. When you link your phone to your controller via WiFi you lose internet access. This is because your controller is not an internet access point. So your phone is detecting WiFi is connected (to the contoller) but there is no Internet access. In which case you just dismiss the message.

Factory reset everything and it won’t hookup . I have two transmitters tried both . Tried the app on my iPad and another iPhone it refuses to hook up to sololink .
So app, phone and tablet aside... you first need to pair the drone to the controller. Unless that pairing is successful, then your ipad and iphone won't be able to communicate with the solo.

I get the message on my phone that it hooked up but then it shows no internet connection which is normal but the app can not connect . Tried taking out the battery no dice . Is pulling the sd card in the transmitter the next step . Why did It work initially and now doesn’t work on either transmitter . You may see all my gear for sale soon tired of this issue .
I would try these steps

Factory reset the drone. When you do this, realize that this takes a while and the solo may reboot 2 or 3 times during this process. The process could also take up to 10 minutes, so during this time, do nothing. Just wait. Get a stopwatch out if you have to. One of the main issues with factory resets is that people think that once they hear their drone booting up, the factory reset is complete. It's not.

Then factory reset your controller.

Once the 10 minutes have passed, try to pair the drone with the controller. You will know this is successful when you get the message on your controller "New Solo Found, Press A&B to pair" or something similar. After that you should be able to hook up your iphone or ipad to the controller and perform a factory update (providing the 3DR servers are still active, this is one of the reasons for upgrading to open solo at this point).

i think i did all that but i will try it again for the 5th time . it may be something to do with the iPhone so i might try an old android phone .

i went through all of that again got them to pair up then it wants the prefiight update . i try to connect to sololink and it says no internet connection and the app will not connect . same problem many are having .

Got what to pair up? The Drone and Controller? Your Phone and the Controller?

Here's a checklist that may help clear things up.

Is the drone paired with the controller?
Is the controller paired with the phone?

You say that when you connect to solo link it says "no internet connection" If you are connecting to sololink this is the message you should be seeing as your solo is not an internet gateway.
Then you say that the app will not connect, what will the app not connect with? Is it not connecting to the controller, or is it connecting to the controller but is reporting it cannot see the drone? (in which case are you sure the controller and drone are connected?).

Got what to pair up? The Drone and Controller? Your Phone and the Controller?

Here's a checklist that may help clear things up.

Is the drone paired with the controller?
Is the controller paired with the phone?

You say that when you connect to solo link it says "no internet connection" If you are connecting to sololink this is the message you should be seeing as your solo is not an internet gateway.
Then you say that the app will not connect, what will the app not connect with? Is it not connecting to the controller, or is it connecting to the controller but is reporting it cannot see the drone? (in which case are you sure the controller and drone are connected?).
yes i know that the message no internet connection is normal . i have the controller paired to the drone . the controller says to update using the app . the app says connect but just keep coming up with the page to connect your phone wifi to sololink . sololink shows up on my phone and i put in the password sololink and it tries to connect but fails so if you go to the app it doesnt show the number it just shows connect in the box at the left .

Attachments

• A6AA60F1-04AD-4746-8581-338B01D6F65A.jpeg
    A6AA60F1-04AD-4746-8581-338B01D6F65A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • FC224F1C-F891-4C9D-888C-3F15D03195C3.jpeg
    FC224F1C-F891-4C9D-888C-3F15D03195C3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • 8E5CF7F0-63EE-4244-B86B-876D1FEE5BD8.jpeg
    8E5CF7F0-63EE-4244-B86B-876D1FEE5BD8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • B1201151-7BBD-454E-AB48-1A93F560DA04.jpeg
    B1201151-7BBD-454E-AB48-1A93F560DA04.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
OK good, controller connected to drone is good.
Now you need to download the software update. To do that, you need to disconnect from the controller and download the software update (you can see the "New Software" button on the homescreen on the app). Once you have downloaded the software update, you can then connect to your controller. It will then download the update to the controller and the drone.

Dont know exactly what i did i change the wifi setting on my phone to manual . somehow it connected and updated so i quickly took it out in the backyard and flew it so i could at least have that victory before it screws up again . here is the picture to prove it . dont trust this thing to hook up at all . anyway thanks for all your help still not exactly sure what fixed it .

Attachments

• EA385F71-0B08-4BC5-87AF-96A35E3A6804.jpeg
    EA385F71-0B08-4BC5-87AF-96A35E3A6804.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
Dont know exactly what i did i change the wifi setting on my phone to manual . somehow it connected and updated so i quickly took it out in the backyard and flew it so i could at least have that victory before it screws up again . here is the picture to prove it . dont trust this thing to hook up at all . anyway thanks for all your help still not exactly sure what fixed it .
Glad that you got it all sorted. The pairing issue can be a pain but it's usually fixable by very simple means. Glad you got up there in the air, good for you for sticking with it!

Ok so this exact situation is happening with me. Followed all of those steps precisely, the thing that is stopping me at this point is whenever I connect to wifi the solo app just force closes. Tried uninstalling, tried force closing it myself, nothing seems to be working.

Alex, so if I'm happy with everything working through the original Solo app, should I just "not" update my dedicated iphone? It's an extra phone that i only use to fly the Solo with, so if I don't ever update it I should be fine right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo