Douglas Corrigan "Wrong Way"

Reaction score
This is mainly for the young guys and gals here. Can't tell you what I'd give to be twenty something again, come to think of it, sixteen wasn't bad either...;)

Anyway, read the bio of "Wrong Way", take from it what you will.

Douglas Corrigan (January 22, 1907 – December 9, 1995) was an American aviator born in Galveston, Texas. He was nicknamed "Wrong Way" in 1938. After a transcontinental flight from....read more.

Reactions: Ed Beck
We had a wrong-way incident out here in the PNW several years ago.

A wife of one of the personnel stationed at Fort Lewis (since merged with McChord AFB to make Joint Base Lewis-McChord) went on a drive to Vancouver WA (south of where we are). There's also a Vancouver British Columbia (north of us) and that's where she went.

The whole thing would have gone unnoticed had it not been for the TRAINING GRENADES in the glove compartment. What they were doing there I don't know but Canadian customs didn't take too kindly to Americans trying to smuggle them into Canada.

This is mainly for the young guys and gals here. Can't tell you what I'd give to be twenty something again, come to think of it, sixteen wasn't bad either...;)

Anyway, read the bio of "Wrong Way", take from it what you will.

Douglas Corrigan (January 22, 1907 – December 9, 1995) was an American aviator born in Galveston, Texas. He was nicknamed "Wrong Way" in 1938. After a transcontinental flight from....read more.

That was a fun read from a memorable day. Back when I was in Jr. High School, a teacher used an episode of Gilligan's Island to tell a story about Wrong Way, and then we were given the real story of Wrong way. Fun memory, thanks for sharing!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44