Does license needed.

Reaction score
Does need license to fly drone. If needed how and where to get one. What is the sport license to fly drone.
Thanks
Eddie

Hi Eddie, you should do a search as this topic has already been discussed many times.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DR Pilots forum Eddie. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in 3DR UAV’s.

At this time there is no registration in the USA for hobby use (commercial use requires registration). When the FAA figures it all out we will all learn the details. Until then, go fly and enjoy!

Reactions: dirkclod
400 feet altitude limit, maintain line of sight. No flying within 5 miles of an airport. No flying over crowds of people.
Right now, if you use your drone for commercial use, for hire, you have to have the 333 exemption which requires at least a sport license.
Happy flying!

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DR Pilots forum Eddie. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in 3DR UAV’s.

At this time there is no registration in the USA. When the FAA figures it all out we will all learn the details. Until then, go fly and enjoy!
Thanks for your sincerely answer.
Thank you again
Eddie.

Reactions: prowler9
Thanks for your big help

Jeez Eddie... it's common forum etiquette to search for your answer before you start a duplicate thread. You would have gotten your answer in seconds instead of having to wait several hours for the welcome wagon to arrive and give you a nice reach around.

Jeez Eddie... it's common forum etiquette to search for your answer before you start a duplicate thread. You would have gotten your answer in seconds instead of having to wait several hours for the welcome wagon to arrive and give you a nice reach around.
Thanks I'll search around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44