Controller not charging

is that a proprietary battery or is there a alternative
It seems as tho it has a couple extra wires, perhaps for reading battery charge state< My guess is as as long as you got the wires right you could put any 2 cell lipo in there

Ok....for anyone out there with same issues....I think I may have figured it out..
I needed to solder a new lead on my multi meter and used some hardened steel wire from a large clothes pin then sharpened the contact point so I could take readings of battery from the plug...in the process of sticking the pin tips into the side of the plug with the holes where the inside of the pins used a flared out metal tab to retain their position within the plug..
After taking several readings I put the battery back in the charger and plugged back in.
Checked 45 min later and ...Its charging!
Full charge this morning.

My deduction is that there was a loose connection in the plug assy to the battery and one of the pins within that assembly was not making contact.
My wiggling around of those wires was enough to re~establish connection

If it happens again Ill take a sewing needle to the inside of that plug and manually decrease the diameter of those individual pins so they make better connection. Mind you one definitely wants to take extreme care not to short out any of these leads to foreign (or domestic, for that matter) objects.

So..charging of controller battery dilemma seems to be solved for now!

Reactions: RichWest
After soldering new pins onto my test leads and sharpening them down into points so I could (very carefully) insert test leads in the side of the battery plug that has the retainer tab openings (little holes with metal showing) repeatedly I determined that I could make no sense of the voltages...
anyways I did this a few times and in the process tightened down the connections in that plug assembly.
re~installed battery and 45 minutes later my green bar of joy had 75% increase, Nice! Soon after battery read full. Funny, In my case the controller gave me positive indication that controller was charging when in fact it was not...
So...I had a loose plug and seems as though all is well

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M