Controller Loses Signal and GoPro Freezes

Reaction score
I have experienced two incidents where the controller loses signal with Solo and it immediately RTH. I'm unable to control Solo and it lands by itself. The battery wasn't below 70% and I wasn't too far from Solo (Approx. 300'). Once Solo lands I noticed that I have no control of the GoPro and can't stop it from recording. I had to remove the GoPro from the gimbal and had to remove the battery from the GoPro. Has this problem occurred with anyone else? The last RTH I had l, Solo nearly crashed because I couldn't control its decent.

You've tried reconnecting with Solo after it lands but before anything else, i.e., are both your controller and iPad/Android disconnecting or just the controller?

Both the controller and the Solo App on my iPhone 6 Plus froze up. I had to restart the controller and app in order for it to start working again.

This is a common occurrence for me too. Frustrating. It usually happens when it is about 3-400 ft away, at about 2-300 ft high. I now always take off and plan all of my flights assuming a random RTH.

I will hit the Fly button as it comes back to land. Most often, it will finally reconnect, but often it takes time and often once it is over the take off point, and already in a descent. Frustrating because I waste time and battery flying to point A, only to have to re-connect, then fly back out.

And yes, when it does land, I can not turn off the camera and have to remove it.

Wondering if the new FW update will improve. The other thing I am doing that has seemed to help is to turn on the controller first, then connect my phone to it, THEN turn on Solo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo