Contest for Solo Owners/Users

• Thread starter Drone videography
  • Start date
D

Drone videography

Solo doesn't seem to have the number of great videos from everyday users - so I decided to run a contest, so that we can see some video of what real people ARE actually doing with their new Solos. I know people are successfully flying and taking videos - let see some of that.

Prizes (funded out of my own pocket) include batteries for your GoPro, SanDisk 32G microSDHC UHS-1 cards, and even 3DR Solo propeller sets. If I get enough entries, I will add more goodies to the prize pool.

Details on the YouTube Drone Videography channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7o4JXK8azUEoOR2vssQzyw

Note that I am not an employee of, or any way associated with, 3DR.

Subscribe, Enter the contest, tell a friend who has a Solo.

I decided to run the contest because there is a lot of buzz about Solo crashes. When I search for Solo crashes, I am not seeing the vast numbers that I would expect to see based on the threads. No one wants their new drone to crash (mine did and is out of commission awaiting a new motor pod).

Having said that - the handful of incidents must be relatively small percentage of the total number of units shipped to date.

When you look at other drones, they are well represented by crashes too. But they are also represented by some great videos.

- Mark

Solo doesn't seem to have the number of great videos from everyday users - so I decided to run a contest, so that we can see some video of what real people ARE actually doing with their new Solos. I know people are successfully flying and taking videos - let see some of that.

Prizes (funded out of my own pocket) include batteries for your GoPro, SanDisk 32G microSDHC UHS-1 cards, and even 3DR Solo propeller sets. If I get enough entries, I will add more goodies to the prize pool.

Details on the YouTube Drone Videography channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7o4JXK8azUEoOR2vssQzyw

Note that I am not an employee of, or any way associated with, 3DR.

Subscribe, Enter the contest, tell a friend who has a Solo.

I decided to run the contest because there is a lot of buzz about Solo crashes. When I search for Solo crashes, I am not seeing the vast numbers that I would expect to see based on the threads. No one wants their new drone to crash (mine did and is out of commission awaiting a new motor pod).

Having said that - the handful of incidents must be relatively small percentage of the total number of units shipped to date.

When you look at other drones, they are well represented by crashes too. But they are also represented by some great videos.

- Mark
I will be glad to help you out il post some videos

Reactions: Rsfitz
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just for fun.. I think the soundtrack makes it funny. This was taken before I grounded myself.

Just for fun.. I think the soundtrack makes it funny. This was taken before I grounded myself.

Are wanting to enter your video into the contest?

What will the videos be judged on? Who is the judge?

What will the videos be judged on? Who is the judge?
it is in the contest announcement video at

In short, I will be the sole judge. Criteria include creativity and use of Solo's features. What will not be a criteria is gimbal steadiness. Deductions occur for unsafe actions.

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Dirby - the video would be much better if you cut off the first 5 min.

OK. I grabed your video from this thread and posted it on the Drone Videography YouTube Channel in the contest playlist.

Get your friends to view and "Like"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44